Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AN utter waste of time and money

Enthusiast ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

Muse has been nothing short of a colossal embarrassment. It, along with your entire Creative Cloud model, is so riddled with snags that it is simply not worth the absurd monthly fee you demand from creative professionals. For every hour that I work – and can bill a client – I spend at least another trying to overcome Adobe-related issues.

The way you treat your clients, with Muse being a prime example, is highly questionable and sorely lacking in ethics.

Not worth it. Re-evaluating the way I work and aiming firmly to step away from Adobe in every possible way.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case you missed the memo, Muse is end of life.   It's no longer being developed.

Adobe Muse EOL FAQ

If you have a Creative Cloud plan,  why aren't you using Dreamweaver? 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started learning Dreamweaver back when it was a Macromedia app. I tried Illustrator and Macromedia's Freehand, but Freehand was much more intuitive so I used it daily for years and years. Then, Adobe bought out Macromedia and stopped supporting Freehand. Thanks Adobe. Adobe kept making Dreamweaver more and more complicated until I just finally gave up web design and concentrated on print design.  When Muse came out I was enthusiastic with it's user friendliness. I've built and published quite a few sites and have had good results. So, now that I'm comfortable with  Muse, Adobe announces that they will stop supporting it. So far, they offer no new app that I can easily migrate my sites to. I expect they will have something more expensive and more complicated to offer. Thanks, Adobe.

I'm retired now, but still subscribe to Creative Cloud and maintain a couple of my hobby sites with Muse, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Fireworks (not available on Creative Cloud). I just upgraded to Mac Mojave which is the last OS that will support 32 bit apps. So good bye Fireworks (CS6 which I have on disk, bought and paid for, and still use every day). And yeah, Photoshop will do the same things as Fireworks if you have hours of time to figure it out. And, as with Dreamweaver,  it's like using a sledge hammer to kill a fly. Thanks, Adobe.

Now that you have the market cornered, it's obvious you could care less about your long-time customers who made you successful.

Thanks Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you shambles.  This is a user-to-user forum, not Adobe support.

Muse and Fireworks are both available from your CC Desktop app providing you check the box to Show Older Apps.

If you wish to keep using unsupported, legacy software, be sure to maintain an older OS on a 2nd computer or a virtual machine.    If you don't upgrade your computer, theoretically you can keep using Muse and Fireworks for years to come. 

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Nancy. No offense, but you haven't told me anything I didn't already know.

Believe me, I've spent untold hours going down rabbit holes on Adobe's so-called support forums and tutorials and "customer support". All too often, I'll hit a dead end. Sometimes their menu items don't show up in my menu, or their instructions don't work as they describe and an endless loop with only forums as an option. I've yet to find a way to speak to an actual person at Adobe when this happens. So, here too, we are left to resolve an issue on our own. I've gotten pretty good at that actually.

If Adobe chooses to stop supporting an app that I bought and paid for, that's their prerogative. But to leave us long-time users out in the cold with no apparent alternative future app is disrespectful and shows a complete lack of customer appreciation.

One day a start-up may challenge Adobe's monopoly on this market, but I doubt it will be in my lifetime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you shambles. I think you captured the feeling of many long-time Adobe (and Macromedia) users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse and BC both made money... Adobe killed them for other reasons which are not public

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sparkle, a wysiwyg Apple only app is pretty good. started to build a site and am not disappointed. It imported a lot of Muse pages. They're having a 40% off Black Friday sale. https://sparkleapp.com/blog/black-friday-2018.html?utm_source=Sparkle+Customers&utm_campaign=e76842f...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, illostraight. I'm gonna give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I bought and downloaded the Sparkle Pro and I'm impressed! I don't mind a learning curve, and so far I'm impressed. It has better text management, and other features that are lacking in Muse. I was able to easily import pages from my Muse sites with only a few images and/or formatted text boxes needing to be re-inserted. I may not need the full Adobe CC much longer.

Thanks again, lllostraight!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines