Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anchor & scrolling Adome Muse

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I have a problem using the anchors in Muse, in my pages I have a lot of text, and want to link some words to certain chapters in the text.

To do so, I use the anchor and links them to the words, however, since my pages are so "long(?)", the site scrolls perfect to the anchors in the top of the pages, but for the anchors far down, it doesnt scroll enough down? And this gets worse the further down the anchors are.

Anyone know why this occurs, and how I can prevent it?

Thansk!

/Sofia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

You can place the anchors directly into your text box: Copy or "Cut" your anchor ("ausschneiden" is the german expression (this time for sure, Guenter ), and paste it into your text box at the place you need it.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-19 um 14.13.09.png

Paste into your text works, if you activate the text cursor in your text box and paste it. It looks like this, finally:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-19 um 14.13.37.png

Günter Heißenbüttel I thought "Lorem Ipsum" is maybe only, because sometimes english placeholder text has another starting session? But … .

I hope this helps (learned this

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you publish the site and share the URL here for us to investigate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I'm sorry, but I can't. Working for a company with this site and the content is not available for the public. Is there anything else I can do in order to get help with this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would anyway be better to have only one page with some elements.

In your case, why not use some lorem ipsum as placeholder? If I understand it right, your issue belongs to the height of the whole page? Be aware, that anchors always try to reach the top left of the browser window – if your content/anchor is not far away enough from the bottom of the page, it would not scroll down enough. Is this your case?

Without a .muse, how should we investigate the problem? We understand the confidential state, but finally you´re going to publish it, right? In the worldwideweb?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotoroeder

Hey, thanks for your input, not sure what lorem ipsum is, but will check it out! And, yes, that do sounds like my problem, but reversed, the anchors in the top of the page is "found" better rather than those in the bottom of the page. Sorry for not be able to give you the muse-file, the website will be published at one of my companies own servers, and thereby not be available for the public.

Günter:

Thanks, the part about the anchors placed in the top i got, but have'nt tried to copy them into the text box. I'm not doing a responsive site, but I will try it anyway.

I do not know why this problem occurs, and it's quite confusing, as it is not like the furhter down the page is scrolling (the further down the anchors is placed) the more displaced the scrolling become, but instead it seems to me, that it differes from anchors to anchors, more or less regardless of the placement of anchor.

Maybe I can try do make a similar page, and see of the problem is still there, but with different content, which I could send you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lorem Ipsum is maybe a German Phrase for placeholder text.

If you replace your confidential text with place holder text, we could have a look.

sofiaj62291661  schrieb

fotoroeder

Hey, thanks for your input, not sure what lorem ipsum is, but will check it out! And, yes, that do sounds like my problem, but reversed, the anchors in the top of the page is "found" better rather than those in the bottom of the page. Sorry for not be able to give you the muse-file, the website will be published at one of my companies own servers, and thereby not be available for the public.

Maybe I can try do make a similar page, and see of the problem is still there, but with different content, which I could send you.

Your last input is a very good suggestion.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the solution is quite simple:

Anchors in HTML work this way: If you click onto an element, which links to an anchor, the browser scrolls, until the anchor reaches the top edge of the browser window.

If your page reaches its end, before the anchor is able to reach the top edge of the browser window, scrolling stops. The browser can’t display an area, which isn’t existent.

Another potential issue: Anchors are placed at a fixed position of your page. If you have a responsive page, the height of your text boxes will vary according to the width of the browser window, and may necessarily run "out of synch" with the anchors, which stay fixed on the page. Solution: Place the anchors not simply onto the page, but inside your text box by copying it into it just as you would copy text.(Copy or better „cut“ the anchor, place a text cursor and paste it.)

If it is not one of these issue, there is no way out: Delete all content (or use lorem ipsum“ text), reduce your site to only one page, and show us the .muse file. Otherwise we’ll be busy with days and days of question and answer games.

To give us the file, please follow these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r7oxuabk96458kk/test%20for%20adobe%20people.muse?dl=0

here's a link to a "similar" page, with similar problems, but less than in my original site. The link contains only one page, but in mine there's like 20 of the same type. Now, I've tried to place the anchors within the textbox, align, not align, same and different layers, one in the top of the page, grouped and not grouped. But nothing works - crosses my finger for you to be able to find the problem! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotoroeder​: "Lorem Ipsum" is definitely not a german expression. Every print designer wordwide knows this. InDesign for example places "lorem ipsum" if you choose to fill a text frame with placeholder text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can show i a print screen of how I have to place the anchors now in order for them to work OK.

adobemuseproblem.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can place the anchors directly into your text box: Copy or "Cut" your anchor ("ausschneiden" is the german expression (this time for sure, Guenter ), and paste it into your text box at the place you need it.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-19 um 14.13.09.png

Paste into your text works, if you activate the text cursor in your text box and paste it. It looks like this, finally:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-19 um 14.13.37.png

Günter Heißenbüttel I thought "Lorem Ipsum" is maybe only, because sometimes english placeholder text has another starting session? But … .

I hope this helps (learned this technique from Guenter BTW) and is great for responsive text.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what I already said in post 4: Copy the anchor and place the anchor just like text into your text box …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks a lot, it works! Everything linked to that specific anchor loses the connection though, but at least it's working thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Günter Heißenbüttel There its lots of repeats in this thread – sometimes you have to say it more than once, play with the wording and , it works.

You told me once, you like it to talk against walls, so hopefully you like it, to say things over and over again ?

sofiaj62291661​, what loses the connection? Just relink it? Or is there something we didn`t know so far?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha, sorry for not getting it right away.

The text-sections that I linked to the anchor doesnt keep up with the copy of the anchor. So yes, i'm relinking it (if you knew how many links this website contains you understood ) but i'm terrible happy with your help and that it actually works now so!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And as the anchors now stay always at the right spot inside the text, fluid responsiveness will not shock you anymore.

This technique was followed by the idea in another thread to use this technique-workaround for fluid responsive pages.

So yes, i'm relinking it (if you knew how many links this website contains you understood ) but i'm terrible happy with your help and that it actually works now so!

Next time you have to ask us much earlier … .

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines