• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

And yet I do not understand why the code from these fields does not work(html/css)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After all, we write the full code from which the element consists. Look at this "Button" element ( https://codepen.io/vanderlanth/pen/LZWyGg?depth=everything&order=popularity&page=21&q=button&show_fo... ). Explain to me as clearly as possible: I wrote these lines of code in the object "httml" - in the program Muse. But the object does not appear on the page. Or instead of it there is not a button, but lines of code

Screenshot_22.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

1) Download and unzip

0ca57a39c1.png

2) Inside the css folder is the file style.css - open it in any html editor, for example in notepad ++.

3) And also, open the index.html file in the html editor.

2ba9187115.png

4) In the style.css file, delete this part of the code.

27081fc3aa.png

And around the rest of the code, add tags <style></style>.

bdf1814d81.png

719f0779b7.png

5) Copy all this code and paste it into the Muse.

8604ede911.png

6) In the index.html file, delete this piece of code

0d5db0da07.png

7) Insert the rest of the code on the Muse page

fd5929b4da.png

8) Enjoy

aad5608962.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_23.png

in adobe muse(prev)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly, it appears you are using a pre-processed version of HTML, which Muse won’t understand. The same with CSS. You will also need to add the CSS in the HTML for <head> section of the page properties dialogue.

David

Creative Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell me, how do I do to get this effect to add? And will it succeed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Download and unzip

0ca57a39c1.png

2) Inside the css folder is the file style.css - open it in any html editor, for example in notepad ++.

3) And also, open the index.html file in the html editor.

2ba9187115.png

4) In the style.css file, delete this part of the code.

27081fc3aa.png

And around the rest of the code, add tags <style></style>.

bdf1814d81.png

719f0779b7.png

5) Copy all this code and paste it into the Muse.

8604ede911.png

6) In the index.html file, delete this piece of code

0d5db0da07.png

7) Insert the rest of the code on the Muse page

fd5929b4da.png

8) Enjoy

aad5608962.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just do not have words of thanks. You helped me madly, thank you very much. But sometimes, on that site, there are files in the JS. How do I open JS files so that I can use it in Muse? I would be very grateful if you would tell me as much in detail. Once again many thanks! For example, here is this work: https://codepen.io/soulwire/pen/mErPAK?q=text&limit=all&type=type-pens

It contains Javascript.

Screenshot_25.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scripts must be connected before the closing body tag. You can do it with special widgets. For example AID+BC End Body Code – Adobe Muse Widget Directory .

But widgets have a limit on the number of characters. If the script is large, then it's better to use a special file Dropbox - CodeInsert.mucow . Place the code in this file and place it on the Muse page. To do this, read the documentation. Unfortunately, I can not do much to help, because to understand the process you must have code knowledge. If you can not handle that, then the best way - hire a professional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still want to try. If it's not difficult for you, tell me please, do I need to open the code in this folder in the html editor, then paste it into the widget in this field? And the file html and css where to insert?

Screenshot_27.png

Screenshot_26.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still want to try. If it's not difficult for you, tell me please, do I need to open the code in this folder in the html editor, then paste it into the widget in this field?

There are 2 options.

Option 1) Add index.js as a file for upload. In the widget field in this case, you must enter <script  src="assets/index.js"></script>

a691fa17d2.png

And the file html and css where to insert?

Html and css are connected exactly according to the same principles as in the previous example

Option 2) Connect all the code in one file Dropbox - js text.mucow  and just place this file on the Muse page (ctrl+D). Study this file to understand how everything is connected.

e0eefc82e9.png

1a6ad4c98e.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can not even imagine how much you helped me. I am infinitely grateful to you for your help! Thank you, thank you, and thanks again! You are a really talented developer and I'm glad that there are such people on this forum. Thanks again ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry for what I have to bother you again. I would like to ask you: when I insert the JS code (as you told me through the widget), and move the index.js folder to another location, for example, to another folder - java script stops working and gives an error that the folder index. js not found. Is it possible to solve this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. If you move index.js to another folder, for example in folder  called my_scripts, you must change the path to the file in code.

from <script  src="assets/index.js"></script>

to     <script  src="my_scripts/index.js"></script>

Why then when I open the file Mucow - there are no fields to fill. It works differently and I do something wrong? Again, sorry, I understand that the questions are childish and stupid, but I need help even in dealing with such issues

The mucow file I gave you is completely full and ready to work. This is not a full-fledged widget and there are no fields for settings. But just a file for convenient placement of code in various parts of the Muse page. If you want to create the fields with the settings, read the Mucow documentation.

I'm afraid I can not explain it in more detail. For understanding, you need knowledge. Unfortunately, I can not teach you this, because it is a great educational process.

If you are interested in working with the code, I recommend that you study the thematic trainings.

Reading a book requires knowledge of the alphabet 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if, say, I reinstall my operating system? Then I will lose access to the folder, which contains the file index.zhs. And then, logically, I will not have an element that consists of javascript? How to be in this case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One word - backup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if I make a site on order then I transfer it to other hands. I can not store the file for years. There must be a way to solve this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you yourself have to come up with the rules for this. Personally, I do not have any trouble in backing up and storing files. But by and large, as soon as you transferred the site to the customer, the entire responsibility for storing the files is transferred to him.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And excuse me again, maybe I often bother you, but I want to know the solution of some nuances. Why then when I open the file Mucow - there are no fields to fill. It works differently and I do something wrong? Again, sorry, I understand that the questions are childish and stupid, but I need help even in dealing with such issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines