• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Announcement: Muse tech support period extended to March 26, 2020

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copying from the email announcement that active subscribers will receive over email today.

A little more than two weeks have passed since we announced the end of feature development for Muse. We’ve listened to your feedback on a variety of channels in addition to speaking directly with a number of you. Closing down any product is never an easy business decision and we understand that this presents a challenge for many of our customers. While you look at alternative solutions for your business you’ve asked us for more time. As such, we have decided to extend the Muse technical support period for all active Creative Cloud customers from 15 months to 24 months, with the end of technical support now scheduled for March 26th, 2020.

During this time, we will continue to support you in maintaining your existing Muse web sites through our customer care forums and social channels. We know this is a difficult transition and are committed to help you succeed.

For further details, please see the Background and Frequently Asked Questions and Answers sections of the Adobe Muse Announcement page.

Sincerely,

The Muse Team

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any extension on BC by chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am not sure, I don't handle BC. Will let you know if I hear anything on that front.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon,

Copying from the FB page for BC Adobe Business Catalyst - 1,042 Photos - Software -

1. We are extending the End of Life timeline from 2 years to 3 years, with the end of life now scheduled for March 26th, 2021. We hope this additional year will give our valued customers and partners sufficient time to move clients to a different platform.

2. We are extending the ability to upgrade trial sites to paid until 8/27 (was 6/18). This new date provides you with 5 months past the End of Life Announcement to close all of your on-going projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just announced for BC - We are extending the End of Life timeline from 2 years to 3 years, with the end of life now scheduled for March 26th, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jon, If you haven't seen this information Business Catalyst has also been extended... see Link

Product Announcement

I have started a Muse Page for alternatives for Muse on my tech social network, you view at this link:

Adobe Muse - Tech Social Net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK-YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds great to me. Much better. Takes a lot of emotional energy away from here, I hope.

THX

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if the extended time is more about Adobe realizing Spark etc., won’t be ready in time, than anything else.

Thus hoping to keep Muse users around long enough to transition them to Spark etc. The business decision was not about customer needs originally with the EOL, so why would the extension be? Other than to keep customers tethered longer to Adobe to transition them to another Adobe product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH THANK YOU!!!!

I am so grateful that Adobe listened to yr customers this time!!!

And thank you for presenting and supporting our case.

In Appreciation,

Angelique

========================================================================

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Preran for taking it higher, but you know that this is not satisfactory for any of us ... and no extension for BC at this stage is just as unfair ... they need to fix that too.  Please tell them that they are making a nig mistake ... no, huge mistake.  I don't like the feel of Adobe Spark at all ... too restrictive and constrictive to facilitate website design ... because it is not and should not become a website builder.

To all the Musers, I hope that we can continue to put pressure on Adobe so that they completely reverse the EOL decision for both.  They must have had a bit of a surprise at the backlash and think this is going to keep us using the software but they are mistaken.  The injustice that they dished up will take a lot more than that to rebuild the faith, trust and confidence in their company, let alone their products.  I for one will move my creative zone elsewhere unless they come back with a complete turn around on the matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

There is only one more thing to do:

Develop an app that can import .muse files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

There is only one more thing to do:

Develop an app that can import .muse files.

This is a bad joke?

Just look back in the history of Adobe's Web Design career in web development.

- Adobe PageMill

- Adobe SiteMill

- Macromedia Dreamweaver

- Adobe ImageReady

- Macromedia Fireworks

- Adobe Fireworks

- Adobe Dreamweaver

- CyperStudio (killed)

- Adobe GoLive (killed)

- Macromedia Flash

- Adobe Flash

- Adobe Animate (in combination with Adobe Muse)

- Adobe Business Catalyst (in combination with their web in browser editing and web design tool Adobe Muse)

- Adobe Muse

- Adobe XD

Let's come the the Flash user base. I remember a posting not too long ago about rumors that Adobe wanted

to stop development of Adobe Animate (the former Flash) where users were already furious about Adobe's

company strategy.

If you look at the list above and the paragraph below. What comes to your mind if you are asking such

a question?

Adobe Muse 2017.1 Update was a disaster. With every update, web designers and web design

agencies have to check and re-check their client projects to make sure nothing is going wrong.

If something goes terribly wrong due to an update, they spend hours and days to fix the problem ...

somehow.

What Adobe is doing since decades, punching their users (freelancers and companies) into a dead end road

again and again and again.

Still doesn't change anything! We all want to know the real reason for doing this? This is stupid! Very Fishy!

Now there is a new tool named Adobe XD and Adobe wants everybody to move to Adobe XD. (First,

it was named as a "rapid proto-typing-tool")

Their software list in web design tools is getting longer and longer. Do you see any constant

workflow or productivity in import and export in this entire software strategy concept and scenario?

I DON'T!

PS: Not to mention all the third party developers who were developing widgets. (if they work

smoothly with Adobe Muse at all.)

FeeHand users needed to convert all their files in FreeHand in order to make them Illustrator

import & open file compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And FreeHand... Adobe buy The FreeHand at Macromedia, made changes in Software of Illustrator and kill the FreeHand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This gives everyone enough time to move on now and change our workflow. I'm onto Wordpress now and this serves me with a future vision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still doesn't change anything! We all want to know the real reason for doing this? This is stupid! Very Fishy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will you still be able to use inbrowserediting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mkmoore01, Yes IBE will continue to work s long as we will support Muse.

However, not sure after its end of support.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran, the FAQ doesn't answer these important questions.  Would you please update the FAQ and/or reply to this thread?

1) I am paying the month-to-month fee for Muse, currently.  I wish to continue using Muse until the End Of Life, March 26, 2021.  To continue using Muse to edit my websites until 2021, must I continue to pay the month-to-month $26 fee?

2) If not, then when can I cancel the payments, yet continue to use the Muse software?  The Adobe website states that, if I cancel, the software will NOT work on my computer.

3) During the time leading until 2021, if I wish to install the latest/last Muse build on a new workstation PC, will I be able to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, I checked with the team.

Anyone with a paid license will be able to continue using Adobe Muse. If your subscription runs out, you will have to renew your subscription to continue using Adobe Muse. That includes installing the software.

If you are planning to use Adobe Muse until 2021, I would recommend not uninstalling it until then, and keeping your license active.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if you get a new computer in the mean time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was it the red pill or the blue pill in The Matrix to stay in wonderland

So the new hardware is going to fix all the software problems?

Is it a Retina display issue? Can I align objects more precisely by using

a Retina display?

Regards,

Yorh

" People can be so funny. "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shelving Muse is the single worst decision you have ever made. I will be cancelling my subscription and migrating my creative software needs to other platforms ... Adobe clearly under estimate how much we love and adore this product.

I have been an avid supporter, defender and user of Adobe products for years. This actually hurts ... like my best mate stabbed me in the back kinda hurt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

557/5000

If we have been paying for the Adobe Muse subscription for so many years, I do not know what Adobe's problem is of leaving Muse "alive" as FreeHand was for so many years. Adobe could stop making improvements to A.Muse, but leave the possibility to the last subscribers to save the program on our Hard Disc and use it indefinitely. No need to make more payments. As Leasing (which in fact had been a car and would be from us for what has been paid). All we need is for us to leave the Adobe Business Catalytic service running.

Suggest an edit

Si hemos estado tantos años pagando la subscripción de Adobe Muse, no sé cual es el problema de Adobe de dejar a Muse "Vivo" como estuvo tantos años FreeHand. Podría Adobe dejar de hacerle mejoras a A.Muse, pero dejar la posibilidad a los últimos subscriptores de guardar el programa en nuestro Hard Disc y usarlo indefinidamente. Sin necesidad de hacer más pagos. Como Leasing (que de hecho de haber sido un auto ya sería de nosotros por lo que se ha pagado). Lo único que necesitamos es que nos dejen el servicio de Adobe Business Catalystic funcionando.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL..... Nice try Adobe!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines