• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Announcement: Muse tech support period extended to March 26, 2020

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copying from the email announcement that active subscribers will receive over email today.

A little more than two weeks have passed since we announced the end of feature development for Muse. We’ve listened to your feedback on a variety of channels in addition to speaking directly with a number of you. Closing down any product is never an easy business decision and we understand that this presents a challenge for many of our customers. While you look at alternative solutions for your business you’ve asked us for more time. As such, we have decided to extend the Muse technical support period for all active Creative Cloud customers from 15 months to 24 months, with the end of technical support now scheduled for March 26th, 2020.

During this time, we will continue to support you in maintaining your existing Muse web sites through our customer care forums and social channels. We know this is a difficult transition and are committed to help you succeed.

For further details, please see the Background and Frequently Asked Questions and Answers sections of the Adobe Muse Announcement page.

Sincerely,

The Muse Team

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still confused - please clarify:

Will Muse be compatible with browser upgrades until 2021?

If I have downloaded Muse to my computer will I need to continue my subscription to make changes to my live websites?

Can I back up Muse and access it on another computer?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will Muse be compatible with browser upgrades until 2021?

Yes, if there are any changes to browser standards and support that make sites unusable, and there is no workaround solution to fix it, the product team will work towards fixing it.

If I have downloaded Muse to my computer will I need to continue my subscription to make changes to my live websites?

That is correct, yes. You should be able to continue using Adobe Muse beyond 2021 as long as you have an active subscription.

Can I back up Muse and use it on another computer?

Adobe Muse can be downloaded and installed only through the Creative Cloud. You cannot copy paste the installation files, if that was the question. You can, however, use your project files on any computer running Muse.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, hopefully by 2021 Adobe will create something even better than Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe GoLive software activation server ... same issue.

Moderator: Line removed as it references cracking software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which application do I use to create websites now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ARCSOFT Website Builder ... but you MUST update to 10.12 on Mac. You MUST.

Had a quick look at Sketch and Adobe XD.

Frankly, I created click dummys in prototyping in Adobe Muse to "explain" clients, agencies

and developers how it should look and work like in prototyping workflow.

But that's MY personal opinion. This entire web design subject is getting really boring,

annoying and tiring in terms of software development and software update policies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Yorh+Ekin  wrote

ARCSOFT Website Builder ... but you MUST update to 10.12 on Mac. You MUST.

I am not sure that should be a direction for Muse users.

The about and update pages on the site are filled with “Lorem Ipsum” text. They show some templates in screenshots that are known to be licensed under a non-resell / non-use in other projects clause. The developer also repacked the same builder (which also looks like a familiar builder) into at least 2 other apps on the app store that they are selling.

Not very compelling attributes for an Muse alternative or an app in general.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have checked

Sketch

Adobe XD

It's not a web design tool.

So what do developers want?

Back to Dreamweaver?

We cancel all web design tools. Everything will be done with pre-built and customizable templates and online editing systems?

Adobe Muse has built a community so far with lots of users, companies, agencies, freelancers, designers using this tool. I have used this tool even for rapid prototyping, click dummys and the creation of web based style guides which served web developers as a visual reference.

Either, developers are like real skateboarders, they do the same trick again and again and again until the trick works. Or they are like non skateboarders and they trash their own skateboard because the trick is not working.

Again, what do they want? Developers, what is their goal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either, developers are like real skateboarders, they do the same trick again and again and again until the trick works. Or they are like non skateboarders and they trash their own skateboard because the trick is not working.

Again, what do they want? Developers, what is their goal?

It all depends on what you, (or anyone) defines as 'a developer'.

Is it just someone who can code?

If so to what standard?

Is it someone who can code for front and back-end?

If so then again to what standard, (there is much more to back-end than just a cms)?

Then what about javascript, is that jQuery or javascript, and are javascript server-side coders front or back-end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I do get an error message after uploading my site for the form_process.php script where Adobe Muse tells me to contact my

web hosting provider because of a script in PHP coding standards ... version 5, 6, 7 that seems to make trouble in combination with

web hosting standards.

Adobe has announced EXTENDED PRODUCT SUPPORT till 2020 ... so I guess they have a LOT OF WORK TO DO

in major bug fixing.

THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I do get an error message after uploading my site for the form_process.php script where Adobe Muse tells me to contact my

web hosting provider because of a script in PHP coding standards ... version 5, 6, 7 that seems to make trouble in combination with

web hosting standards.

Congratulations, you are the first person I know of to actually mention what could be a major problem for Muse users who have a contact form, (or any other type of form).

All forms that are on a server require a form processing script in order to work. The problem is that hosting providers require that the said form complies to their standards, and protocalls, which are not the same across all providers.

PHP 5+ is now an old standard, which currently only has security fixes being applied should they be required. It will also be completely discontinued, (no support) at the end of this year. So any Muse forms will have to use PHP 7 code, which although not vastly different can cause problems, (depending on what your hosting provider decides).

What any 'new' hosting provider requires will have to be used, and if any Muse user has included a form inside an iframe, that practice may not be allowed, so a new page with a .php file extension may have to be created in order for any forms to work correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.php file extension may have to be created in order for any forms to work correctly.

Bingo22

I am back to Muse 2017.0.x.x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  wrote

Congratulations, you are the first person I know of to actually mention what could be a major problem for Muse users who have a contact form, (or any other type of form).

All forms that are on a server require a form processing script in order to work. The problem is that hosting providers require that the said form complies to their standards, and protocols;, which are not the same across all providers.

As a workaround, Musers could use an online form service like Wufoo.   The embedded form data is collected and transmitted on Wufoo's servers.   Thus the website's hosting plan is somewhat irrelevant since it's not doing any heavy lifting.

Online Form Creation and Reporting Features : Wufoo

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too damn late Adobe. I just cancelled my Muse account and my thanks for years of supporting your company is this"

• US$73.45" class="ng-scope" style="box-sizing: border-box; padding-bottom: 15px;">You'll be charged a US$73.45 cancellation fee (50% of your remaining annual contract)."

I encourage everyone using Muse to find an alternative as FAST AS POSSIBLE, don't put your career or business in the hands of Adobe. Adobe's is a lumbering giant of the past, move to or consider Squarespace it's not a perfect solution but Squarespace and other companies like it are only getting better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many developers worked ACTIVELY on the development of Adobe Muse?

5?

10?

15?

Customers always think there are hundreds of developers who are working for ONE

application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your gesture of extending support another year is appreciated, but it would be far better if you would simply continue development of Muse. Your "Frequently Asked Questions" webpage fails to include any answer to the one question Muse users such as myself have uppermost in their minds: WHY THE $%@!# ARE YOU DOING THIS?!?

Are you really that scared that Muse can't compete with DIY website building sites and apps? Is there some web standards development coming that you can't afford to meet for some reason? Have you been getting feedback from corporate teams saying they hate Muse? What is the reasoning behind this incredibly short-sighted "business decision"? Specifics, please.

None of the other products you propose to have your users migrate to--not XD, not Portfolio and certainly not DreamWeaver--can hold a candle to Muse for ease of use, visual design intuitiveness, flexibility, control of fonts, images and other elements, or code avoidance. If you absolutely cannot see any viable alternative to phasing out Muse, at least have the decency to tell us why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MattLeger  wrote

Are you really that scared that Muse can't compete with DIY website building sites and apps? Is there some web standards development coming that you can't afford to meet for some reason? Have you been getting feedback from corporate teams saying they hate Muse? What is the reasoning behind this incredibly short-sighted "business decision"? Specifics, please.

First I am in no way connected to Adobe, so this is from me.

I expect a number of web site creation tools to be EOL'd over the next few years, and not just by Adobe. Standards and legislation are now catching up with the web, and what was considered O/K even 3-4 years ago is no longer acceptable.

Browsers whilst agreeing to be backwards compatible for previous web specs, are dropping the 'it will always render' policy of previous years, (possibly decades). In that if the code used was badly written it will no longer render correctly in future browsers. So any 'hacks' in the code may not render correctly in the page, this is now becomming apparent when one uses the latest mobile browsers with old sites.

Much of the web standards movement in the last 15 years, and the Google seo guidlines have also contributed to how Muse created fully rwd sites, (which it did not do well) becomming unacceptable. Over the last 10 years mobile has become more important than desktop, and any app that does not create rwd sites that are to Googles recommendations, (which includes references to web standards and accessibility) are no longer considered acceptable.

Then of course we come to accessibility.

The disability acts/legislations in most countries are now tied to the Web Content Accessibility Guidlines level 2. Which are planned to become a legal requirerment for all commercial sites, within the next few years. The local corner shops site is considered to be a commercial site, as it is promoting the use of that shop. Muse does not include the use of the accessibility guidelines, and updating it to do so is next to impossible, (even Dreamweaver has problems).

The list however goes on and on, but hopefully you at least have some idea of the reasons why, even if Adobes reasons include many more items. Muse is no longer viable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MattLeger  wrote

What is the reasoning behind this incredibly short-sighted "business decision"? Specifics, please.

Short-sighted is subjective.  We don't know the specifics and we never will because Adobe doesn't have to reveal them.  It's their prerogative to EOL any product as they see fit.

Speaking as a fellow Adobe product user,  Muse is the totally wrong tool for building modern web sites.  I've always said so ever since it came out in Beta.   I will concede however that Muse is convenient for creating prototypes to show the client.   But beyond that, it's not worth the paper it's coded on.

I'm glad Adobe sees the light and is putting it to rest now before more people get hooked on its perceived ease of use at the expense of good web practices.  To prolong Muse's development would merely postpone the inevitable.   It cannot keep up with current standards much less new ones.   If it were a viable  tool for future web development,  I'm certain Adobe would keep it going.  But it's not.  So let it rest in peace.

If you want to learn more about current & future web standards, visit  MDN and the W3C''s latest Road Map (thank you, Paula, for posting this in another forum).

Mozilla Developer's Network

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn

W3C's Road Map

W3C Roadmap for 2018 published

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines