• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any built in widget for having 3-4 paragraphs of text to scroll

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a text box like widget where i can have a few paras within it so that the viewer can scroll the paras within that box itself and view ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Like accordion etc, are there no inbuilt widgets that can do this or be modified to do this.

Thanks for that link you gave, but its a paid widget :).

Regards

Robin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there´s no buikld in widget except you simply use accordeons or any composition widgets. Yes, this one is a paid widget. Sorry, as Muse is under EOL most other widget vendors might be either gone or did not develop any further. You may have a look here, if you like: musewidgets.com  if you find anything else.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Another small thing with the text. When i alter the STATES (normal, rollover, mouse down, active) of a text. The size is getting altered on all the other breakpoints too, only for the states parameter. The NORMAL state text is maintaing independent sizes as set on each breakpoint.

Ive set a text box to have 50 and 25 on 2 breakpoints and it stays that way. But when i alter the rollover state to be 48 and 23 respectively on each break point (so that when the moved moves on them they decrease slightly in size) then the rollover size is changing universally for both the 50 and 25 size text on both break points, on its own.

PS: The apply to all breakpoints T button on the left menu is set to T only, not the 4 T's option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might get disappointing now but I have no clue what you are talking about, I must admit.

What does that mean: I`ve set a text box to have 50 and 25 on 2 breakpoints

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Font size, sorry.

I have a text with a word in it, actually a menu button. When i set font size of that text on each break point it maintains that different font size for the same text box. But the same doesnt happen with the states of the button. When i set the rollover font size in one break point, its changing the rollover size universally on all breakpoints for that same text.

So the button HOME is font size 50 on one break point and the same button has 25 font size on a smaller breakpoint. So far so good. I want to have rollover state font size as 45 for the first one and 20 on the smaller breakpoint. But its not allowing independent font size on each break point for the rollover states. Its allowing indepenent sizes for each breakpoint only for normal state. If i change the font size for rollover state, then that rollover size i set is getting set as the same rollover size at all breakpoints.

Regards

Robin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since theres no scrollable text box. I just made a normal text para thats long. I just want to do a mask over the para. Can i mask out the para ? Like putting a mask box but to make it transparent whereever the mask box falls, the text shouldnt be seen. Is there such a feature in muse to make a simple mask that can crop a portion of something ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There´s not something that puts a mask on any para or tb or whatever. You may try an empty layer, filled with white or any other colour, use fixed width breakpoints only (instead of fluid width breakpoints or bp, like you may call ´em). You may then use scrollmotioneffects (sme) for that layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bad news is Muse is discontinued and no longer supported.  The likelihood that 3rd party widgets will continue is slim to none as there is no future in it.

The good news is that displaying text in a scrollable box is dirt simple with ordinary HTML and CSS code.  However it's ill advised for usability reasons.  Particularly on mobile devices in which extra scrollbars are often difficult to see & use.  That said, here's an example.

Scrollable boxScrollable box

Here is the HTML and CSS code.

<!doctype html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<title>Scrollable Box</title>
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">

<style>
.scroll-box {
/**adjust values as needed**/
height: 200px; 
width: 200px;
overflow: scroll;
margin:0 auto;
}
</style>
</head>

<body>
<div class="scroll-box">
<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit. Quas ea non recusandae, facilis. Sunt debitis expedita minus sapiente animi omnis odio quod nostrum. Nisi ipsum, accusantium expedita alias. Assumenda, aliquam.</p>
<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit. Quas ea non recusandae, facilis. Sunt debitis expedita minus sapiente animi omnis odio quod nostrum. Nisi ipsum, accusantium expedita alias. Assumenda, aliquam.</p>
</div>

</body>
</html>

In Muse, you can embed the CSS in your <head> and the scrollbox code into your <html>.

Or switch to a real code editor like Dreamweaver, Brackets, Visual Studio Code, etc...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy : If i resize this HTML on different breakpoints will it maintain individual sizes on each breakpoint or is it responsive by itself ?

Regards

Robin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No Robin, it is not responsive.  If it were responsive, there would be no scrollbars.  You can't have it both ways.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines