Exit

Any idea what this means please?

Engaged ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is from a Nibbler report

They are the same domain?

There is duplicate content on http://www.flairwindows.com and http://flairwindows.com. This is bad, as technically they are classed as two different websites. Search engines may lower a website's rank if they find the same content on two different URLs. Close recommendations

• Choose one domain that you would like to use and then set a permanent (HTTP 301) redirect to forward users who visit the other.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

dandybox  wrote

Nancy, how do I get it to resolve to just the www. one? I don't see a way of doing that on my server and unsure what to type in to google to search for a how to.

If you have a Linux/Apache web server, you can do it with your site's .htaccess file.  Or by logging-in to your server's C-Panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

B***s**t. Don't worry.

"www.domain.com" is the same as "domain.com" and search engines know that.

However, the homepage loads very slowly, which I find not very user-friendly. Nibbler says and gives green color for "This website was served with GZIP encoding. This is very good because it reduces the loading time of a web page."

But when you visit the website for the first time it takes around on a smartphone around 35 seconds for the content to appear. I almost thought the website is broken.

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am aware of the time, have fixed many of the images but am awaiting an answer from my client as to whether he wants the res on the videos reduced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disagree with Fenja.  www yourdomain.com is NOT the same as yourdomain.com.   They are actually different.

Go to Google.com and  type site:www.yourdomain.com in the search bar.  Hit Enter.  If you don't see many results, try it without the www prefix.

Ideally, your server should resolve to one URL or the other.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, how do I get it to resolve to just the www. one? I dont see a way of doing that on my server and unsure what to type in to google to search for a how to.

I think you may be right as in analytics I have entries for ./ and also ./index.html - or is that something totally different

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dandybox  wrote

Nancy, how do I get it to resolve to just the www. one? I don't see a way of doing that on my server and unsure what to type in to google to search for a how to.

If you have a Linux/Apache web server, you can do it with your site's .htaccess file.  Or by logging-in to your server's C-Panel. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Nancy, I finally got round to doing this. I accesses the htaccess via Filezilla and a very nice man from LCN hosting gave me the code!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines