• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any ideas why Google won't find a website I built?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I recently created this website for a client of mine www.elkescior.com - She provides ayurvedic therapies in Ibiza.

Her website has been live for a while now and her website just does not appear, even if I search for Elke Scior.

I am no SEO master, but I have followed tutorial videos about SEO for Muse websites and followed the suggestions:
-No image based text
-H1, H2, P1 tags
-Added Page descriptions & keywords
-Named imagery

Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Hi,

I can see your website is indexed in Google. However only 6 pages. As a best practice keep your website fresh in terms of content, You can add more blog posts to the website to increase indexed numbers.

2018-03-06_0415.png

When you search for the brand name "Elke Scior" I see your website comes on 2nd rank after your Facebook page.

2018-03-06_0419.png

You should do more branding for your website, Do a proper On page changes and create brand awareness to come up.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long did you wait? It often need time, until a web site is crawled by Google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The site has been online for a good few weeks now, admittedly the changes I made to improve SEO were done at the beginning of this month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does anyone go to the site?

is the blog active?

is there a phone | tablet layout or only desktop?

after those basics ask;

who is the host server and what score were you expecting to get?

p.s, imo "Elke Scior" is a name like "john smith" so not the best term to look at

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

The site probably isn't getting a lot of views at the moment, the blog is active but she's not posting much at all. There is a mobile and desktop layout.

I put all my hosting through my friends hosting (He is geekier than me and organises everything) so I don't know what company he uses but it's a well established hosting provider - I don't know what you mean by what score I was expecting?

Yes Elke Scior is not the most ideal name but even if I Google that name directly it doesn't find her site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you watch the video at MuseThemes: https://www.muse-themes.com/products/adobe-muse-seo​ you’ll see, that the by far most important factor for SEO is visits, visits, visits. Here a screenshot of the results of the „ranking factors“ Semrush Study 2.0":

Screen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can see your website is indexed in Google. However only 6 pages. As a best practice keep your website fresh in terms of content, You can add more blog posts to the website to increase indexed numbers.

2018-03-06_0415.png

When you search for the brand name "Elke Scior" I see your website comes on 2nd rank after your Facebook page.

2018-03-06_0419.png

You should do more branding for your website, Do a proper On page changes and create brand awareness to come up.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://www.muse-themes.com/products/adobe-muse-seo

5 Essential SEO Tips for Adobe Muse Sites | MuseThemes.com - YouTube

You could also watch these, if you followed all instructions as suggested.

Maybe there´s something like an official register on Ibiza for business owners?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines