• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to designate a preview image in Adobe Muse for pasting link into social media?

Participant ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with the latest version of Adobe Muse CC (2018).

When I paste the link to my Muse-created website into a Facebook comment, it shows this preview:
Muse-FBpreview.jpg
The preview image is the bottom layer from a layered PSD file set up to be a rollover button. I would not mind if it showed the other (top) layer, which is not darkened like this one.

But my question is: why is this particular image being used? Is this something that is decided by Muse or by Facebook? (When I post the link to LinkedIn, it displays correctly, showing the top, un-darkened layer.)

On googling this question, I see some suggestions to download a third-party snippet of code to copy and paste. I do not consider this an acceptable solution, or even a workaround. This is why I used Muse in the first place — they promised me I would not have to deal with code!

I would like to be be able to select a particular image in the Assets panel (for instance, a flattened, un-darkened copy of this image) and designate it to be used as a preview image when I paste the link into social media.

Is this (or something similar) possible from within the application?

thanks!

--Carol Gunn, Gunn Graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you don’t want to add the code yourself, you will need to use a third-party widget. There are several to choose from:

https://musewidgets.com/collections/widgets/social

David

Creative Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines