• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone have page navigation advise for me?

Participant ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone! To I make this comic Welcome to Plainview 

One each page for each episode of the comic I have 4 navigation arrows in the top browser. "First" which links the the first episode, "Back" which links to the episode before, "Next" which links to the episode after, and "Last" which links to the most current episode. To see for yourself click here: 001: Birthday

The trouble is that its kind of a pain every time I add a new episode because I have to go back and edit the hyperlinks of most of the arrows so that the "Last" arrow will link to the correct page If you understand what I'm saying. Also down the line when I have say 50 episodes I don't want to be relinking all of those arrows every time I add a new one. I tried to work around this by making a new master page that that was linked to the episode pages. I had the navigation buttons be part of this master page so that Id only have to update that master page and not every single episode page individually. Unfortunately I couldn't get it to work, the navigation button links kept showing up behind the episode windows so it made it impossible for you to click it, Doe anyone have any suggestions on a way around this? Is there a way to make buttons from a master page always appear in front of the assets on a page that it is linked to?

Thanks for your time!

-Tony

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Trying to say it easy: you use a seperate button set for each page and link those buttons (arrows) and link them seperate to the then following or previous page. Does this help?

You may a different design approach here but with the same solution:  MuseThemes | WireFrame Nitrogen Project Right

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to say it easy: you use a seperate button set for each page and link those buttons (arrows) and link them seperate to the then following or previous page. Does this help?

You may a different design approach here but with the same solution:  MuseThemes | WireFrame Nitrogen Project Right

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry I'm having a little trouble following you. Could you try rephrasing? Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you watch the example/template from muse-themes.com and watch the arrows at the bottom, …

Bildschirmfoto 2018-06-07 um 20.41.06.png

… follow this arrows – to the following or previous pages, you may see, that all those corresponding pages have the same layout regarding the arrows, but on each page those arrows are linked to corresponding pages.

Does this help?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines