• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone on here successfully using Muse on an iMac running Big Sur Beta?

Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if anyone is using Muse on an iMac running the Big Sur Beta? Would be useful to have some heads up if it will continue to work after the next Mac update. I still have several sites running that use Muse and haven't as yet found an alternative I'm happy using.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Did you reinstall Muse after upgrading your OS to Big Sur (11.1)?

Use the Adobe Cleaner Tool to remove Muse followed by re-installation from CC Desktop app.  

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a second computer using Muse that im upgrading to Big Sur before I upgrade the main one as Muse is still a major part of our design business and need to make sure we can still use it. Will post an update after I try using it on the updated machine. I have no idea why Adobe would discontinue Muse, one of the best programs in their suite! Should be a warning to anyone considering buying Adobe CC, they can just discontinue perfectly good software at any time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your reply, I would be very grateful for any feedback about Muse and Big Sur. We still use Muse for several clients, it’s a fantastic programme and we have been able to produce some great stuff with it. I haven’t really found a suitable alternative that lets you actually design and layout what you want rather than following restraints of templates etc.

I hope to be able to use it for a while. We have had some issues with the form widget and change to hosting servers recently so rather concerned about this update. I only have one Mac so can’t update until we know, although I may have to purchase a second hand laptop to run on old software to be able to continue clients work if there are big problems.

Look forward to your feedback
Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ianc60988665 

I too love Adobe Muse and like yardgirl-gb and yourself, I am really sad that Adobe decided not to go on with it !

And even more, I am a bit despointed that they do not provide a suitable replacement for users like us... (especially after spending years working with it...)

Thanks a lot to test Adobe Muse compatibility on your spare Mac MacOS Big Sur and to keep us posted of the result when you will eventually do the upgrade !

Look forward to your feedback

C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I share the disappointment that you and others have expressed here about Adobe's decision to discontinue Muse, such a great application which actually makes building creative websites an enjoyable experience. I really cannot understand why someone can say below that "Muse is no longer fit for creating websites", since it certainly does the job very well for me!

I sincerely hope that Muse will run on Big Sur and look forward to hearing the results of your trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I really cannot understand why someone can say below that "Muse is no longer fit for creating websites"

@Jonty Law 

Because Muse really & truly isn't a viable web authoring solution anymore.  The code it generates hasn't been updated in years.  Meanwhile the web keeps evolving.  Browsers and mobile devices keep evolving.  And so do operating systems.  The fact is, you cannot operate a website in a vacuum for long.  Many Muse sites & widgets are already failing.  It's just a matter of time and nobody will fix the problems for you because Muse is EOL.  For your sake, I hope you switch to modern software before you're forced to.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I got your point on that Nancy, I understand why some developers think Adobe Muse is an archaic software (it had been the case for years now)... Oil painting, is an old and outdated technique, difficult to master and I understand that you might look for modern medium... Adobe Fresco is great for that matter, your can undo, duplicate, change the scale... Despite those new tools, you will always find oil painting enthusiast... 

I love Adobe Muse, I use Adobe Product for decades (starting with Photoshop on my grandpa's black and white Machintosh in the early 90's) and I would like to use it as long as I please for my "portfolio" website.

We, Adobe Muse users, do not necessarily need fancy effects, widgets, and codes... We love it because it is as simple and clear as InDesign... 

Even though you are right saying that internet browsers are moving forward... I am pretty sure that Adobe Muse still please those who use it for years now...

Anyway, thanks for sharing your point of view witch is as valid as mine...  We will not agree on this, that is for sure, but that is the beauty of it ! 

Now, can someone bold enough to upgrade his/her Mac can tell us if Adobe Muse will run on Big Sur (as it should because Rosetta says so according to the Apple KeyNote)

Thanks you all !

Best regards,

C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

@Nancy OShea  (and all of you out there) just in case there is no way to upgrade my System without loosing Adobe Muse, do you recommend a suitable Adobe Muse replacement ? 

I am looking for a Muse-like way to work (and continue to built and upgrade website made with Muse) 

I know that Wordpress or Joomla can be good alternatives and I even heard that there was a way to convert your Adobe Muse base website to a "few corrections needed" Wordpress version...

Thanks in advance for your feedback,

C.

(To all, my apologies for my rude English, I am not a natural English speaker...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, there is no replacement for Muse.  Only Muse can edit Muse files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Anyway, thanks for sharing your point of view witch is as valid as mine..."

Oups !

Of course I am not saying that you are a witch (are you ?)...

I meant "which"

Apologies for misspelling that word !

C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1 I wouldn't upgrade to Bug Sur until Apple fixes all the problems they're having of which there are many.

https://www.techradar.com/how-to/macos-11-big-sur-problems-how-to-fix-the-most-common-issues

#2 Muse is end of life which means it will never be updated to work with newer OSs.  My advice is stick with Catalina until you wean yourself off Muse which you should do regardless.  Muse is no longer fit for creating web sites.  And In-Browser Editing (the only good reason to use Muse) stopped working on Aug 1st, 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before upgrading your OS, have a look at this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos-big-sur.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this: Just say "No sir" to Big Sur.

https://tidbits.com/2020/11/13/big-sur-is-here-but-we-suggest-you-say-no-sir-for-now/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Runs great on the final version of macOS Big Sur. Only the icon seems odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ! Thanks Kristof, 

Thank you for playing the "guinea pig" on this perilous experience.

What Adobe Muse version do you use ? 2015, 2018 ? 

Thank you for your feedback !

C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 2018.1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For supported Creative Cloud apps only, add your vote to this feature request where the concerned product engineers will see it.

https://creativecloud.uservoice.com/forums/923269-other-sections-feature-request-or-feedback/suggest...

Muse has no product engineers because it's a discontinued product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Big Sur, which is fantastic BTW.

I've just tried to open Muse 2018 and it has failed to open every time.

I have no idea what the crash data means, but here is top part:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Process:               Adobe Muse CC [8461]

Path:                  /APPLICATIONS/*/Adobe Muse CC 2018.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Muse CC

Identifier:            com.adobe.Muse.application

Version:               2018.1.1 (2018.1.1.28)

Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:        ??? [1]

Responsible:           Adobe Muse CC [8461]

User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2020-12-03 21:31:41.762 +1100

OS Version:            macOS 11.0.1 (20B29)

Report Version:        12

Anonymous UUID:        BBD34933-8FF0-C961-C2DF-C15D58A38575

Sleep/Wake UUID:       9F289ED9-6B65-4C2B-9022-D2EC9080D0C9

Time Awake Since Boot: 66000 seconds

Time Since Wake:       8400 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)

Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:

terminating with uncaught exception of type MuseASError: no exception atom

abort() called

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

0   libsystem_kernel.dylib        0x00007fff202e2462 __pthread_kill + 10

1   libsystem_pthread.dylib       0x00007fff20310610 pthread_kill + 263

2   libsystem_c.dylib             0x00007fff20263720 abort + 120

3   libc++abi.dylib               0x00007fff202d5418 abort_message + 231

4   libc++abi.dylib               0x00007fff202c6a65 demangling_terminate_handler() + 242

5   libobjc.A.dylib               0x00007fff201bc9b9 _objc_terminate() + 104

6   libc++abi.dylib               0x00007fff202d4847 std::__terminate(void (*)()) + 8

7   libc++abi.dylib               0x00007fff202d7167 __cxxabiv1::failed_throw(__cxxabiv1::__cxa_exception*) + 27

8   libc++abi.dylib               0x00007fff202d712e __cxa_throw + 113

9   com.adobe.Muse.application    0x00000001021fbaf3 MusePlayerObj::InitializeAPE(MuseString, MuseString) + 2419

10  com.adobe.Muse.application    0x000000010217c060 MuseApp::PostInitApplication(exo::app::AppInitArgs const&) + 896

11  com.adobe.Muse.application    0x000000010217ba80 MuseApp::InitApplication(exo::app::AppInitArgs&) + 624

12  com.adobe.exo.framework       0x0000000105486d86 exo::app::AppBase::Initialize(exo::app::AppInitArgs&) + 966

13  com.adobe.Muse.application    0x00000001021659f0 main + 1376

14  libdyld.dylib                 0x00007fff2032b631 start + 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this means something to someone out there. And I really hope there is a fix for this as I will be in the sh*t if I can't use Muse anymore.

Regards....Scotty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scotty,

Unfortunately I cannot help with your crash data, but I can assure you that Muse 2018 works perfectly for me running Big Sur 11.0.1. I have just used it to republish a large website and everything worked just fine - and perhaps even a little faster than previously. I would mention that I do not have any third party add-ons or widgets installed with Muse, in case that might possibly be causing your problem.

Regards,

Jonty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And to add to Jonty´s post: there will be no fix to be coming anytime at all. Some Windows users had a chance by disconnecting from the worldwideweb, starting Muse and reconnect to www. 3rdparty widgets do some issues mostly during publishing sites and later on when published because widgets are not updated either.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reinstall Muse after upgrading your OS to Big Sur (11.1)?

Use the Adobe Cleaner Tool to remove Muse followed by re-installation from CC Desktop app.  

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy,

you were spot on. Thanks so much. All working perfectly now.

Kind regards....Scotty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it's working for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the new macbook pro with Big Sure and i have the Creative Cloud, but i found not Muse to download, again under the older apps. Is it not more there to download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find download links to the final 2018 version of Muse on this page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines