• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone Still Discussing Muse End of Life?

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess this is happening because it would put too many university graduates out of jobs?

Damn Adobe, lets get universal basic income implemented so we dont have to prolong jobs being replaced by new technologies.

Muse could be the greatest web and app development program available. So much potential !! Hopefully during these two years you guys can configure XD into a finished product.

Still gonna use Muse cuz its still awesome

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

XD is already finished, I guess and will never get a web app. It's strictly for prototyping. Don't wait. Keep your ear to the ground and look around.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD is already finished, I guess and will never get a web app. It's strictly for prototyping. Don't wait. Keep your ear to the ground and look around.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Missed potential could describe a boat load of worthy product candidates that never made it.   The Edge line is just one recent example.

I'm still trying to decide how XD figures into the real work place.  If  I submit my CV to a web design agency and tell them my main design tool is XD, I think that when the laughter finally stops, my name and number will end up in the shredder.   I just don't know how XD can be taken seriously if it cannot generate a single line of usable code.

Muse wasn't perfect by any means but at least it generated code.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would think in this day and age that someone would not have to learn code to make a website and that Adobe would be at the forefront of this, obviously it doesent make enough money for investors and we have been left in the lurch, or shafted, if you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"You would think in this day and age that someone would not have to learn code to make a website and that Adobe would be at the forefront of this,"

You don't need coding skills to use Adobe Spark or Adobe Portfolio.  And theoretically you don't need coding skills to create a basic site in Dreamweaver either.  That said, the overall trend is shifting away from desktop software to online content management systems like Wix, Webflow, Squuarespace, WordPress, etc... 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure this EOM (end of muse) topic is to death, literally, but I have to keep saying this. I have taught an entire generation of designers at my firm to use Muse as the sketch, prototype tool that it is ideal for. To make a site, it's ok, issues abound, but to show a client an idea, a layout, a concept, a flow, a design — it's simply, hands down, no contest, not even close, the best. There are "things" a framer or XD or Invision have that do a kind of similar, but nothing, and I repeat for you Adobe if you're still listening, nothing that comes close to the simplicity of Muse. XD is like Muse lite. Seriously, reposition this not as a DIY website maker, but as the amazing ideation and presentation of web design prototypes that it is. If you remarket, rebrand and basically just let it be you'll not only have a loyal customer base, you'll grab so many more. It's not a WIX or Squarespace, and should not try to be. It's just great prototyping. Please, please, please adobe Marketing. See the light that this was simply positioned wrong, not wrong!! With love, Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines