• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple touch icon - won't display on iphoneSE

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to sort the apple touch icon for my website using Adobe Muse. I've inserted the following code on my page properties HTML for <head> section...

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="57x57" href="../assets/apple-touch-icon-57x57.png">

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="60x60" href="../assets/apple-touch-icon-60x60.png">

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="72x72" href="../assets/apple-touch-icon-72x72.png">

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="76x76" href="../assets/apple-touch-icon-76x76.png">

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="144x144" href="../assets/apple-touch-icon.png">

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="120x120" href="../assets/apple-touch-icon-120x120.png">

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="152x152" href="../assets/apple-touch-icon-152x152.png">

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="180x180" href="../assets/apple-touch-icon-180x180.png">

This all seems to work fine on my desktop favourites page in safari and even on my old ipad2 but does not work on my iphoneSE. Can anyone please shed some light on why this might be?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where does it show the touch icon ion these devices? Could you provide a link to your site, maybe some forum members see something else on their devices? Issue with the iPhone SE settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fotoroedes, they all display on the Safari favourites page but the iPhone SE only shows a default icon rather than my custom one. Although, bizarrely, I have just discovered that if I add to my home page on the iPhone it does display the custom icon. So it's just safari on the iPhone that has the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hm, it might be Safari settings to be done? Maybe some users out there with their iPhones watch this as well?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines