Exit

Apply menu attributes in child pages

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been using muse for a while and got stuck in this problem:

I would to use the top page menu as main categories, which are constantly marked with color, even when the user is on the child page. I made here an example:

As you can see, A is constantly pink, in its normal state. I would like A1, A2 , A3 to be so as well.

B is constantly green, in it's normal state. I would like B1, 2, 3 to also be so.

I have tried to change the menu type to "all menus" but I am not interested in the drop down menu that appears. Given that it is a conlicated website, I want the user to know where he is, when visiting a child page.

Any advice on how I can keep the attributes on the child pages?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 22.26.23.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Yes, this is unclear! You want the same colour on parent and all its children, independent of its actual state? Just define it this way. Look at this second example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f37gm6jbm6o5iuf/menu-colours_2.muse?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very(!) unsure, if I understand correctly.

Look at this sample .muse file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ppe3kgcr9yqr9wj/menu-colours.muse?dl=0

Is it this, what you are looking for? If not please describe in simple, clear words, what you are intending to achieve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Günter, thank you very much for the response.

Looking at your file: what I need is that the menu box PARENT1 will also be red n the child page, and all child pages of the same RED category. See my example based on yours.

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 11.35.35.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really don’t understand, what you want. Did you preview my sample site in browser?

If you can’t explain your issue more explicitly, I can’t help …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want the menu's attributes (in this case - the red color) to appear also on the child pages...is this so unclear?

Just look at the picture I attached in the early post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is unclear! You want the same colour on parent and all its children, independent of its actual state? Just define it this way. Look at this second example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f37gm6jbm6o5iuf/menu-colours_2.muse?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite, see here:

I want to create basic orientation: I choose the red category on Parent 1, and moved on to a Child page. I want the red to stay red. I do not want the green there, as it belongs to another category (parent 2).

I guess I am asking something that is impossible.... but I thank you for the help anyway.

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 13.53.48.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don‘t understand , what you are talking about!

According you description, my sample works precisely, as you intend.

Showing the plan view again and again, doen‘t help at all.

So, if you don‘t post any substantial insights, what’s wrong with my sample, it won‘t make sense for me, to keep answering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines