• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are we loosing Muse completely or just the Support and Software updates?

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why Adobe is discontinuing MUSE? Are we, Muse users will still have the software available to us after 2020. I understand not having the support, but not having the software is going to be a big lost. Can someone please find out with me what is going on. Simplification not necessarily can be the solution for every Professional Designer! Adobe kept Dreamweaver, why not keeping Muse? Well, I respectfully can just speculate some answers, but I rather not. I Love Adobe Muse. I hope Adobe will keep it at lease for their users choice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Sjaani  wrote

Muse no longer appears in the Desktop App...

It does if you set your CC Desktop preferences to Show Older Apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on Adobe's history with other EOL software like Fireworks, it's indeed possible that Muse will remain  available for download in CC Desktop App (Show Older Apps)  beyond 2020.   However,  I think you should start looking for alternative tools now.   Unlike graphics which don't change much, the web is constantly changing.  So the tools you use need to keep pace with newer web technologies.   Muse is not keeping up with current web technologies much less newer ones.  So you must decide which is better.  Keeping your old software or moving to something that has a future.

Dreamweaver is one option.  Pinegrow and  Webflow are a couple of others.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for giving me something to research on Newer Web Technologies for the future and for me to keep up to date on this issues. Nevertheless, companies like www.muse-themes.com will think about possible ways to readjust their themes and widgets templates, because that is the lost I am presently referring to, but I am going to do what you just suggested due to the fact that futuristically is the smartest things for me to do that makes sense. Can you refer to me a tutorial or video explaining a lot more about Adobe XD, Spark and Portfolio's differences in regards to Muse? If is not to much to ask. Nancy thank you. I'm going to check those other options that you gave me. Shalom!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being with muse-themes as weel, you may also have read this from a subpage, referring to Without Code and Muse in general:

MuseThemes Releases

Understandably, we receive notes almost daily asking why we continue to release new products for Adobe Muse even though Adobe is no longer developing new features. I wanted to shed some light on this, and clarify exactly why we’re still supporting MT:

• Muse Longevity – while many users have transitioned to new platforms, there are still thousands of designers who intend to continue using Muse for several more years. Considering websites our team built using Muse in 2011 still work fine, there’s a good possibility that a site built in 2018 will still function perfectly for 5-10 more years. Muse may not be the right tool for your business going forward, but it still hits the mark for many designers around the world and we’re still seeing new MuseThemes membership signups every day.

You may have to go for some 7days testings (most of the apps like pinegrow, blocs for mac, … provide this).

Webflow even lets you be free forever for limited sites with limited pages.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very bad that they take out the muse, we trust and spend money to learn and now they leave us on the Street.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD is a prototyping tool only.  It does not generate HTML or CSS code.

Adobe Spark (not to be confused with Sparkle App for Mac only), is for creating a one page website or newsletter.

Adobe Portfolio is a free website platform for CC subscribers to showcase their own work online.  It ties in seamlessly with Behance -- another creative venue.   It's fine for a portfolio but it has limitations.   I treat Portfolio as a companion to my main website, blog and social media channels.

Other Muse Alternatives have been discussed and compared below.

List of Possible Alternatives for Muse

Adobe Muse EOL announcement - Alternatives to Adobe Muse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse no longer appears in the Desktop App if you have had to reinstall everything for any reason.

According to the FAQ in the End of Service Page licensed users can continue to use the app and licensed versions can continue to be downloaded from their Getting started page.

If you look at other FAQ questions you will note that they further state you won't lose access to the software.

As others have stated though, web technologies are constantly changing so it is best to look for an alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sjaani  wrote

Muse no longer appears in the Desktop App...

It does if you set your CC Desktop preferences to Show Older Apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

remove the muse makes the prestige of adobe looks like Bill G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines