• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attempting to Sync with inbrowser editing changes causes Muse to crash

Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a site with Muse. I used FTP to upload the site to our server (a GoDaddy hosting server). We have used inbrowser editing to make edits to the site successfully for the past few months.  Now suddenly, everytime I open the Muse file on my computer it recognizes the inbrowser changes and asks me if I want to merge or review them.  Doing so, it begins to scan the pages, and then it will crash with an error message telling me that Muse has encountered an error and will now exit.  It tells me to report the last few steps I was doing to support.  So....here you go.    That is all I was doing.   What is going on?  Is there something I need to check?  Is this a common issue?  It was working fine, then suddenly not.  Please help...I am in limbo because I can not make changes to the site until I figure this out or I will wipe out the changes made by the client.  HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be a browser issue?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question…I will try with another browser right now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually…it can’t be related to a browser, because what crashes is the Adobe Muse application itself…when I open the file that has been modified using inbrowser editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds boring , maybe try to uninstall/repair the CC itself? To do this, click the "Uninstaller" from CC, you´ll get asked wether to really ininstall or repair – click REPAIR. Try again. Let us know.

You don´t get a specific, yet detailed warning, why Muse encountered an error?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MAybe you also face the overall issue with IBE?

Try also following this post:

Re: Muse ftp upload changes files to php instead of html

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey PapaMurph,

looks like a technical issue in the backend which needs a physical interventions of a tech.

If you are still going through this issue, I suggest you to Contact Customer Care and get fixed.

See they fixed it by renaming a folder, but user did't mention that exactly.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, first, how did you get the "papamurph" name?

Second, thanks for your response.  I "resolved" it temporarily by going through each page of the website and changing my file to whatever changes I could find that were made online with inbrowser editing.  I know this may not have solved the issue, but at least the site is up to date.

I will be trying again with a small test of my own.  If it persists I will contact customer care.  What exactly do you mean they fixed it by renaming a folder?  What folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LOL...sorry for the stupid question about the "papamurph" name.  I didn't realize that everyone else saw a different name by my posts than I do...ha ha!   I see my actual name, but you all see a screen name.  Sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines