• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Authentication Failure when trying to upload via SFTP to GoDaddy Shared Hosting Account

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem uploading my website from Muse to my GoDaddy shared hosting account via SFTP.  The message 'Could not sign you in [authentication failure]. Please check username and password' appears within the Connect to FTP dialogue box.  I have verified with GoDaddy that SFTP is enabled.  I have verified that the  username and password are correct and I have no problem at all uploading via standard FTP or FTPS - Explicit encryption.  The problem seems to only be with SFTP, which is my preferred method of transfer.

I think it may be to do with settings within my GoDaddy shared hosting account but am unsure on this point (I came across an article with someone having a similar issue and it looked like their server was set to not accept password authentication with SFTP).

Does anyone have any experience with this issue or any ideas?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Hi John,

I suggest checking with the GoDaddy community GoDaddy Community Forums | Share Information & Have Fun  It does look like a problem with your hosting provider.

If you are unsure, export your files as HTML and use Filezilla to upload your files. Let us know if the files were able to go through.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John,

I suggest checking with the GoDaddy community GoDaddy Community Forums | Share Information & Have Fun  It does look like a problem with your hosting provider.

If you are unsure, export your files as HTML and use Filezilla to upload your files. Let us know if the files were able to go through.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines