• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto scrolling in Muse on a Mac--anyone else having this maddening problem???

Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help!!!

I have been having this problem for about six months in Muse. It does not happen in any other program. I have called Tech Support numerous times but I can't replicate the problem on demand. Here is what happens:

I will be working and I will move my cursor to one side or the other of the screen. In any direction, reaching for the Control Bar or the tool panel or one of any number of panels and all of a sudden Muse will start to scroll...up, down, to the side...whichever way my mouse was headed when it starts. And it will not stop. Seriously, I can't get it to stop scrolling. I can press any key combo you want, I can click the mouse all over the place. There is NOTHING I can do to stop the scrolling. It either stops on it's own after a one to two minutes or (as happens most of the time) it continues to scroll until I switch programs and Force Quit Muse. That's the only thing I can do.

Because I can't replicate it on demand, Tech Support has not been able to help me.

For info: I am running this on a iMac running Mac OS 10.12.3 with 32GB of RAM using an Apple Magic Mouse (I thought it might have something to do with it, but this ONLY happens in Muse and it is getting worse. Happens about every 20 minutes (randomly) or so.

Has anyone else had this problem. It is maddening when you are trying to get work done.

Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

I had this too sometimes, it happened in my case only with Magic Mouse. This is too sensitiv for me.

Till then I only work with Wacom and with that so far, I hadn`t this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

We haven't come across such issue yet, and therefore unable to answer you.

Could you please take a video shot of the error you facing so we can have a look at it?

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I am using a Wacom tablet with the latest software version

https://www.updatedesign.co/muse-video/muse-error.mp4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this too sometimes, it happened in my case only with Magic Mouse. This is too sensitiv for me.

Till then I only work with Wacom and with that so far, I hadn`t this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem and is very annoying , could be to do with the magic mouse, it will quite often just continue scrolling FOREVER as if I have made a selection and dragged my cursor way off the page when all I have done is selected an element of the page and tried to go to the tool bar. When it finally stops going mad there is often a blue box as if I have tried to make a selection. Seems to be worse the more complex the site is and is making sites very frustrating to develop. Could be to do with the scroll on the magic mouse as if I concentrate on not moving my clicking finger at all when clicking and touching the mouse perfectly on each click it seems to minimise the problem, quite often your finger will rotate / move very slightly when clicking down which may be being read by muse in the wrong way. Don't have this issue with any other programs in Adobe CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have occasionally had this happen in Muse with a regular Mac mouse. I just wait for it to stop scrolling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines