• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Background video thats work in all browsers

Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can somebody guide my to a background video widget in muse who works in europe? In need to get this to work. I have tried many widget and many different videos, but it will not work in safari. And sometimes other browsers.

Here is what muse themes says:

Unfortunately with the release of Safari 11, autoplay video's are now blocked within the browser, furthermore I am afraid Chrome has also taken the same approach to this as well. Our developers have been looking into this for quite some time although sense this is a browser specific behavior I am not certain if this is something they are going to be able to "code around" and fix within a widget however that is not stopping them from trying!

From my understanding there are ways to turn this functionality off within the browser which would then allow the auto play video's however it is important to note that this would only effect your browser/machine and not the other site visitors browser.

I have found a very indepth article regarding this subject if you wish to read more about it here: https://bitmovin.com/play-not-play-new-autoplay-policies-safari-11-chrome-64/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Autoplay simply does not work in all devices.  It never has. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Autoplay simply does not work in all devices.  It never has. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes people find autoplay vids inconvenient on phones | tablets and have started to vote sites down for using them... the result is browsers now default to off in stead of just hiding the setting under a pile that most people don't look at

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Personally, I think autoplay is awful on any device. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines