• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BEFORE - AFTER rollover widgets

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am curious about how BEFORE - AFTER widgets work.

I have downloaded one from the MuseThemes forum.

The images I started with are 1200 X 800 pixels in dimension.

The  BEFORE-AFTER widget works fine in a breakpoint of 1200 or 1400.

When I try to reuse the same assets at smaller breakpoints the widget gets wonky.

I can't shrink the widget to fit within boundaries of the smaller breakpoint and it does not resolve at all after publishing.

In order to use a widget like this would I need to have breakpoint-specific assets?

Does anybody know of other sources for functionality like this?

Is it possible within Muse to display different images similar to the changes you would see in a states button?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tim,

Have you tried contacting the muse themes forums regarding the issue?

As they only have the access to the backend of and functionality of their widget.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean with assets? As far as I know this widget isn't responsive for now (yes, ask muse-themes about this like ankushr40215001​ suggests).

As far as I experienced you have to use a new widget for all breakpoints – 4 breakpoints = 4 times the widget (including the biggest breakpoint, which isn`t really a breakpoint, though).

There's one from: https://www.creativemuse.co/before-and-after-widget-demo.html​  which seems to be responsive.

If you don't want to spare another 12 bucks for an additional widget I suggest to use a simple gallery widget which is responsive and use a second version of your image as rollover state. That cool slide effect will be lost, that's right, but you could use it fluid responsively.

There was one once for free but it got lost maybe with the last update from muse to 2018. It was from the company VexShad​ was working for or still is working for. Maybe he could shed some light into this?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the free widget still exist on our site:https://widgetsformuse.com/pv-beforeafter.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That´s a real "happy new year-present". Thanks VexShad​. Hope this helps jarvis393​?

Happy new year and Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wünsche auch ein Gutes Neues Jahr und viele Grüße

-Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oho ! Vielen Dank,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VexShad,

That is one nifty widget!

Thank you so much for sharing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most before/after widgets are not responsive (except for the one graciously provided above by @Vexshad). If your widget is not responsive just readjust the dimensions in the breakpoints. Works fine for me. You can also use states/fade to create a before/after situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines