Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Beginner: Issue with accordion on mobile page

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

Thanks in advance for helping me. Just starting with Muse so probably an easy answer for my question, but I dont seem to find it.
I have made a master with several breakpoints to make the website responsive. In the smaller breakpoints, I use the accordion menu widget to get a 'hamburger menu'. It works fine in the tablet layout (on Ipad) but terrible on the mobile phones I have tried (Samsung S7 and iPhone 6). When I open the menu, the bars of the pages appear behind the text. This does not happen on the iPad. On the iPad, the text shifts neatly downwards.

Could someone please give me a hint on what i did?

Website is already live (no visitors so far ;-)) www.theminglecompany.nl

Thanks a lot!
Dew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Please check the stacking order of your elements. Placing an object, for example an accordion, onto the master page, doesn't mean, that it is in the topmost position.

• To correct this, try the following:
  • Go to your master page and activate the accordion.
  • Open the "Layers" panel and create a new layer above all others.
  • Drag the menu entry onto this layer.
  • Make sure, that you don't place any other element into this layer.

Now, all should work as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check the stacking order of your elements. Placing an object, for example an accordion, onto the master page, doesn't mean, that it is in the topmost position.

• To correct this, try the following:
  • Go to your master page and activate the accordion.
  • Open the "Layers" panel and create a new layer above all others.
  • Drag the menu entry onto this layer.
  • Make sure, that you don't place any other element into this layer.

Now, all should work as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Günter,

Thank you very much! Simple answer, but very valuable for me. I dont have any substantial experience with InDesign or any other Adobe app, so there will surely be other questions. Will keep trying and read forum first.

Could you please tell me how to get the option that text on the page scrolls down to make place for the menu options when the menu widget opens?

Many thanks, Dew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works "out of the box", when the respective option is checked and if the accordion isn't pinned. Pinned elements aren't allows to influence other element and therefore can't push down objects below. Why? Just imagine, you scroll down your page, until your browser shows the middle of a long text frame or of a tall image. Now you click onto the pinned accordion. What should happen now? Should these element slide down or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Günter. Will need to try later. Need to get my kids. Just an hour or so 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines