• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Beginner question: Responsive slideshows/banners impossible?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Thanks in advance for helping me, just started to develop my website skills...

Do I correctly understand that basic Muse doesn't support responsive banners/slideshows?

I have tried to set the width to 'browser width' but then my pics move and they are wrongly positioned.

Someone that could help? Many thanks! My website
Regards, Dew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi Dew,

Just to clarify a thing as you have mentioned "basic Muse doesn't support responsive banners/slideshows" in your description, there isn't any basic or advanced versions of Muse.

As all other adobe apps it keeps on upgrading and responsiveness have been added into Muse sites last year

However, you are right about the responsiveness of slideshows, the current Muse versions doesn't support responsiveness for now.

They are in the development pipeline for future updates.

Looking at your site every

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Responsive slideshows: You’ll find this in the next major update.

• „Responsive banners: I think, you mean browser wide banners:

a) Place a rectangle and use the „Resize“ command in the upper control strip to „Stretch to browser width“.

b) Place an image, scale it to page width (the element has to touch the right and left page edge, so that the edge becomes red) and click onto the small double arrows to the right/left of the breakpoint bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Günter, thanks for you answer (again)!

I'm Dutch, so sometimes I probably don't use the correct terminology, sorry!

Yearning for the next update 🙂 (although not a 100% sure that will resolve my issues due to lack of knowledge)

Regards, Dew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Günter,

https://forums.adobe.com/people/G%C3%BCnter+Hei%C3%9Fenb%C3%BCttel  schreef

• Responsive slideshows: You’ll find this in the next major update.

• „Responsive banners: I think, you mean browser wide banners:

a) Place a rectangle and use the „Resize“ command in the upper control strip to „Stretch to browser width“.

b) Place an image, scale it to page width (the element has to touch the right and left page edge, so that the edge becomes red) and click onto the small double arrows to the right/left of the breakpoint bar.

Günter Heißenbüttel

I'm afraid this can't be done to a text box, especially to a label that's connected to a slideshow?

Regards, Dew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know, what you are looking for. Of course you can do this with text boxes.

Caption of slide shows are no simple text boxes. As I sayid: Actual Muse doesn't support responsive slide shows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/G%C3%BCnter+Hei%C3%9Fenb%C3%BCttel  schreef

Caption of slide shows are no simple text boxes.

I was afraid of that 🙂

Can you see my shared file? Or can only Ankushr?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dew,

Just to clarify a thing as you have mentioned "basic Muse doesn't support responsive banners/slideshows" in your description, there isn't any basic or advanced versions of Muse.

As all other adobe apps it keeps on upgrading and responsiveness have been added into Muse sites last year

However, you are right about the responsiveness of slideshows, the current Muse versions doesn't support responsiveness for now.

They are in the development pipeline for future updates.

Looking at your site everything looks fine at my end apart from slideshow not stretching to the browser width.

Please try to create a blank page > place the slideshow widget and stretch it to Browser Width > and preview it in browser

Let me know if that works fine.

Also I must appreciate your creativity for using vertical scroll for slideshow which I have rarely seen.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankushr,

Thank you for your kind answer! Unfortunately it was my brothers idea to create the vertical scroll in the slideshow, so can only take credits for liking it as being his client during that time 😉

I just uploaded a newer version and all goes wrong. Could it be possible for you to move your work spot, say 3 days, next to mine? Getting frustrated!

I found some 'add ons to buy' on the internet, but as it wasn't Adobe, didn't purchase anything (finally, a wise decision).

As I said to Günter above: Yearning for the next update 🙂 (although not a 100% sure that will resolve my issues due to lack of knowledge)

Kind regards, Dew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dewwwww  wrote

I just uploaded a newer version and all goes wrong. Could it be possible for you to move your work spot, say 3 days, next to mine? Getting frustrated!

I didn't get this line! Can you please elaborate it and what is it actually for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changed the Master page to get the website on mobile screens. Ended up with this:

WhatsApp Image 2017-07-14 at 18.37.16.jpeg

While in Muse it looks like this:

Muse_20170714.PNG

I must be too blonde 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to see your .muse file for getting the exact error.

Can you please limit it to just one single page, master as well as home. and share it with us via Dropbox or WeTransfer?

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ankushr40215001  schreef

I need to see your .muse file for getting the exact error.

Can you please limit it to just one single page, master as well as home. and share it with us via Dropbox or WeTransfer?

Regards,

Ankush

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Please find it above. Regards, Dew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Owww, and I was just joking for you to move up here so you could help me fix my website 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dewwwww  wrote

Owww, and I was just joking for you to move up here so you could help me fix my website 🙂

Aah I got you now.

Well My pleasure to help you, and apart from me also other expert Muse user's are here to help you.

You expect a little delay or no response on weekends though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ankushr40215001  schreef

Well My pleasure to help you, and apart from me also other expert Muse user's are here to help you.

You expect a little delay or no response on weekends though.

Could you or anyone else please look at my 'big' post with pics? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines