Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best practice for saving pictures from InDesign to Muse

Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I do alt of book design and want to show pictures from the books that I design at my website. But I can't figure out the best way to get the pictures that I save from InDesign (jpg) to look crisp and sharp. They always get blurry -

Bok & brosjyre | Milla.

I save the spreads from InDesign to a jpg file, I know Muse downsamples the file - I have tried psd, jpg and png - all turns out blurry...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Jakobsen2  The ultimate way to get best image quality in Muse (in the web) in this case:

• Export the InDesign pages to high quality PDF (no downsampling of images).
  • In Muse, check the size, your images have to be placed. Use the „Rectangle Frame Tool“ to find the exact(!) pixel dimensions for your layout. The reason: If you don’t scale the images, when placing them in Muse, Muse won’t touch these elements during export. Output quality will be exactly the same as input quality.
    Rectangle-tools.jpg
  • Now open your PDF in P

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you are getting at. They look just fine within the limitations you can expect of the web and things like JPEG compression. You need to manage your expectations and adapt your thinking. they simply never will look as pristine as your high resolution images in ID and the dynamically rasterized vector stuff.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok - thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jakobsen2  The ultimate way to get best image quality in Muse (in the web) in this case:

• Export the InDesign pages to high quality PDF (no downsampling of images).
  • In Muse, check the size, your images have to be placed. Use the „Rectangle Frame Tool“ to find the exact(!) pixel dimensions for your layout. The reason: If you don’t scale the images, when placing them in Muse, Muse won’t touch these elements during export. Output quality will be exactly the same as input quality.
    Rectangle-tools.jpg
  • Now open your PDF in Photoshop and enter the exact(!) pixel size, which you need within Muse, in width and/or in height in the „PDF import“ dialog.
  • Depending on the content of the source document and the size of the output image, you might choose the import option „Anti-Aliased“ or not. Just test it.
  • Now place these images in Muse without scaling them at all.

If you do it this way, you will get best possible conversion and image quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines