• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best way to set up a site I need to edit regularly

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a site in which some of the pages need to be regularly edited / updated. Basically the pages will have a template with images and text which I will have to regularly add to and delete etc. Editing these pages and re-publishing the whole site seems cumbersome to say the least.

Any ideas what would be the best way to do this?

I can use Access OK but don't know how to use it in a web environment. - just an idea!

I know this is really basic but I know someone will have a good idea!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

patricias22918275  wrote

I can use Access OK but don't know how to use it in a web environment. - just an idea!

Depending on your needs, maybe you should be using a server-side techonology (defintely not Access though).

WordPress is driven by PHP & MySQL data.  It has a built in content management system for mainiting your site online from any computer in the world that has an internet connection.   WP is also a good choice for collaborative projects so the burden of updating  can be shared by mul

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make your edits and then „Publish only modified files“. If we are talking about 2, 3 images and text, this will take only minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

patricias22918275  wrote

Depending on your needs, maybe you should be using a server-side techonology (defintely not Access though).

WordPress is driven by PHP & MySQL data.  It has a built in content management system for mainiting your site online from any computer in the world that has an internet connection.   WP is also a good choice for collaborative projects so the burden of updating  can be shared by multiple people when needed.

Many hosting plans offer one-click WP installation.

Blog Tool, Publishing Platform, and CMS — WordPress

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

as long as you are the only person making edits then Muse is fine with as many changes per day as you want to make... using Master pages will make these easy but that is more of a design issue

where Muse has issues is when you want a client to have assess to the site as well to make their own changes because Muse is designed to work from a single .muse file... loss the.muse file = remake the site in most senarios

just so we are clear, Muse is end of life

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines