• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank Composition Lightbox won't close after button's inside are clicked

Participant ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a page that has several different H2 subheadings, and I wanted people to be able to click "Sections" and have a lightbox open up that has buttons linked by "anchors" to the different subheadings. I used a "Blank Composition Widget" and set its position to lightbox. I cleared all the contents and styling. I created the buttons for the subheadings and placed them in the "Trigger" within the "Container." When I click the main widget "Trigger," the lightbox opens up. But when I click the buttons it doesn't automatically close  even though I can see the scrollbar moving up and which means it's going to the appropriate subheading that it is linked to by the anchor. But, why isn't it closing automatically after clicking the button? Does anyone know how to get it to close automatically after clicking the button. I've tried several things and have been unable to get it to so far.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Thank you for the great motivation.

You can also join our pre-release build here - Help the Muse team test new responsive features - Join Prereleaseand help us making an error free product.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I am sorry to let you know that this is known bug which got triggered after the recent chrome update 56.0.2924.87 only.

Our engineering team has already worked on this bug and it will be solved in an upcoming update.

Check this for reference - Composition widget on android is not closing the target box after roll out​

Regards,

Ankush​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You Ankush for responding so quickly. You are awesome. Thank You for the link. I hope you have a great rest of the day. Keep up the good work. : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the great motivation.

You can also join our pre-release build here - Help the Muse team test new responsive features - Join Prereleaseand help us making an error free product.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. Thank you for that link. Are there any risks involved with testing new responsive features prerelease?  Is there a possibility it might mess up my computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wont mess up with anything, Just make sure for using it only for testing purpose and always keep a backup of your files.

Cheers,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. Thank you for letting me know that. I'll think about joining it. I hope you have a great week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm going to piggyback here and hopefully you guys will see it. I'm having the exact same issue and I'm on the 2018.0 release.

Just to clarify I've also built a composition widget that is a hamburger menu trigger that pops in a menu that is set to lightbox in place of my top nav (pictured below):

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 5.54.55 PM.png

However upon clicking one of the links in the lightbox, it does scroll to the content I want, but the menu will not disappear. I'm probably describing the exact same problem but I just wanted to make sure it was clear.

Has there been a fix yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone ever tell you if that issue was fixed or not, or if their is a work around for it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a misunderstanding!

A composition is not a menu. Compositions don’t close (and never did!) if something within is clicked.

In many cases, there is absolutely no need to use a composition! For example the menu, shown in the screenshot of post 7 can easily be created with a standard menu widget.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gunter, thank you for stepping into this conversation and trying to help us understand and do things better. 

how would I use a menu widget that will open up like a light box and then automatically close when a menu button is click?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this isn’t possible. The only widget elements, which close on click onto the widget’s elements, are menus, which you can customise in endless variations. A menu driven light box isn’t implemented in Muse yet.

You can’t use light boxes as a self-closing container for a menu, because light boxes only close, when you click outside the light box or onto a close box.

If you need a self closing light box menu, you will have to check the 3rd party widget offers – for example this one https://www.muse-themes.com/products/nav-system​ or one of these: https://musewidgets.com/collections/all/menu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is possible and I've done it before. Download the jQuery Injector widget from https://www.museresources.com/muse-widgets/jquery-injector (it's free). Place this widget anywhere on the same page as your composition element (I place mine at x=-100 so it's off the page).

Inside the jQuery widget, add this code:

$(".anim_swing.grpelem, .anim_swing.colelem").on("click", function(){

$(".PamphletCloseButton").trigger("click");

});

Make sure you have the close button active for this to work (I made mine 1x1 pixels and hid it on one side of the menu).

Now it should work. You can see it in action here: http://www.rationalkitchens.ca/ (just navigate to one of the main pages, all of which have anchors, and try using the menu to navigate between anchors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines