Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blank Composition Lightbox won't close after clicking links within

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I'm creating a single-page site in which my top nav links, once clicked, will scroll down to a section of the website. I'm having some trouble with making the site responsive. At a small page width I swapped out my horizontal site nav with a "hamburger-style" menu that is made with a blank composition widget that has its position in "lightbox". Once the hamburger button is clicked, the lightbox fades in and the navigation pops up, like so:

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 5.54.55 PM.png

If you click one of those links the site scrolls like it should, but the lightbox does not close. Additionally if you click the X or outside of the lightbox it disappears, but it also snaps back to the top.

Help?

FYI I'm using the 2018.0 release. I saw another thread with this question for the 2017 release but it didn't actually have a real answer although marked as answered. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

There is no issue at all. A composition is a composition and not a menu (even if a menu is nested into it).

Compositions (and accordions) don’t close automatically, when an element within is clicked.

But why not configure a standard menu this way? Just look at this sample .muse file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7bl2442782vm07/Menu-Muse.zip?dl=0

EDIT: Uups. I misread your post. You are talking about an autoclosing lightbox. But it is the same: Light boxes don’t close, when an element within is click

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody have any idea what the issue might be here?

I can provide more info if necessary...

If not, I'd love an alternate solution to making a menu similar to this work on a single-page scrolling responsive website. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no issue at all. A composition is a composition and not a menu (even if a menu is nested into it).

Compositions (and accordions) don’t close automatically, when an element within is clicked.

But why not configure a standard menu this way? Just look at this sample .muse file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v7bl2442782vm07/Menu-Muse.zip?dl=0

EDIT: Uups. I misread your post. You are talking about an autoclosing lightbox. But it is the same: Light boxes don’t close, when an element within is clicked. This shouldn’t happen, because in this case a light box would close, if, for example, a „Next“ button is clicked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your reply! I'm actually pretty new to Muse and I've been following a tutorial that did a menu like the one I had in my original post but they didn't seem to have it for something with a single page design.

I think that this should work! I really appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines