Highlighted

Blank white screen on loading of a Muse site

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I am having an issue with one of my sites which i have been trying to figure out for the last couple of days.

The website is Welcome to Imvelo Safari Lodges

My client is in Zibabwe and when they try and load the site they get a blank white screen and nothing else.

Occasionally when i load the site in the UK i get the same white screen but not all of the time.

I have removed all widgets, deleted all files from the server and republished, removed any analytics code from the headers and i am still having this issue.

I spoke to bluehost and they have suggested there is an issue with the code but as Adobe Muse is self coding its difficult to work out what the issue is.

The other pages within the site seem to load fine but the home page itself does not.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

Ok, I have just figured this out, is a bit of a pain, but worth the look.

I am not sure why this started happening, but in case it happens to you.

The Muse site is making the Body invisible (something to do with loading likely)

I then discovered that jQuery is failing to load, so might be why the jQuery isn't fixing it.

So....

I added

// In the top of the header

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.1.0/jquery.min.js"></script>

// And then in the footer <script> tag I added

$('body').css("visibility", "visible");

//that fixed it right up

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Blank white screen on loading of a Muse site

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I am having an issue with one of my sites which i have been trying to figure out for the last couple of days.

The website is Welcome to Imvelo Safari Lodges

My client is in Zibabwe and when they try and load the site they get a blank white screen and nothing else.

Occasionally when i load the site in the UK i get the same white screen but not all of the time.

I have removed all widgets, deleted all files from the server and republished, removed any analytics code from the headers and i am still having this issue.

I spoke to bluehost and they have suggested there is an issue with the code but as Adobe Muse is self coding its difficult to work out what the issue is.

The other pages within the site seem to load fine but the home page itself does not.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

The Muse site is making the Body invisible (something to do with loading likely)

I then discovered that jQuery is failing to load, so might be why the jQuery isn't fixing it.

So....

I added

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.1.0/jquery.min.js"></script>

//that fixed it right up

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 19, 2016 0
Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frontup Design,

Your site looks fine to me as I have tried to load it multiple times and also in different browsers.

It seems that the white page might be coming when there is some disconnectivity for the fraction of a minute.

However, I will check more on this and let you know my observations.

Regards,

Ankush

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2016 0
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ankush,

I appreciate you looking into this for me.  It is a strange one.  As in the message Bluehost seemed to think there was a coding issue but wouldn't say what.  I have done all the obvious things.

It definitely seems to hang on that white screen for a split second and then load.  Whilst on occasion it just stays white / blank.

Again appreciate your input.

Simon

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue. And, our hosting company also said it appeared to be a coding issue. Here's my thread...

Muse Website Appears with Blank Pages after Uploading

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2016 0
Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

This bug should be fixed in our latest release of Muse, version 2015.2.1.21.

Please update and republish your site. Let me know if it works.

Ankush

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2016 1
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't solve the issue with my site. Please help. I've tried every suggestion: remove widgets, remove content from server and re-upload, etc. Nothing is solving the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello i have the same problem. My Adobe Muse CC version is: 2015.2.1.21, CL 801520

phone web site problem

the : index.html in my /phone folders works well but is not possible to copy them instead of the really index.html in my MuseExport folder.

when i write: my link in internet explorer, Firefox or chrome like this:  file:///C:/Users/myname/Documents/MuseExport/index.html i receive a white page (no message) and i can see the name of my home page in the tab.

when i write : file:///C:/Users/myname/Documents/MuseExport/phone/index.html i can see all my site and i can surf really good.

I do not know how to display my index.html directly to the base of the site. I tried to rename the .htm or .html crush the good that is in phone instead of one that is at the root but this causes a malfunction of your content. It is impossible to see the same via the / phone

please can you resolve this bug ? i cannot use my site.

many thanks in advance for your help

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try uploading your site and see if it works in a browser?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 19, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Preran:

no sorry: this does not work in any browser

as I indicated..

the index.html in my root folders is blank.

the index.html in my phone folder is ok.... but not possible to copy or activate it in root for seeing it in explorers...

thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES - Open a new tread!!

I'm using the latest version Muse CC 2017 and I am still having the same problem (Blank site on upload) - I've been experiencing this bug since version 2015.2.0 - it never got or gets resolved.

The idea of using Muse is to design without having to code...!

I have actually redownloaded version 2015.1.3 and the sites created with it load just fine, but are not responsive (it's probably the challenge?)...

That's a really sad situation, it is a major flaw - Adobe is not doing what it should to solve it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2016 1
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I Agree.

Please open new tread!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can everyone on this post try Ankush's suggestion, and let us know if it helped?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2016 0
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had to get on-line with live chat support and this is what fixed the issue... BTW, this is crazy so something is definitely buggy with the latest Muse update. here's what fixed the blank pages:

Use the following: "File>Upload to FTP Host"

"File> Export as HTML" was presenting blank pages when uploaded to my host server using Dreamweaver.

Uploading from "File > Upload to FTP Host" uploaded all the new files that were generated after the Muse 2015.2.1.21 update hence rendering all pages properly.

"File> Export as HTML" is the issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2016 1
Engaged ,
Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the same thing. When you navigate from page to page, the screen loads over again and starts with a white screen. I have to Revert back to old version of Muse ( 2015.0.2.4) until this is fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2016 0
Engaged ,
Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted you to know that I had to revert back to 2015.0.2.4 in order to get rid of the flashing white screen between navigation. The two versions that were released after that render the same issue. meaning that when a version of my Muse site in 2015.0.2.4 gets converted to the latest version of Muse, the white blank page load issue presents itself. So, I have to delete the current version of Muse and revert back, then upload to BC again to get things back to normal.

I just want to say that I am so happy i saved a back-up version that was not converted other wise I would probably be paying back my clients. There should never be a substandard experience during an upgrade. Please let me (and us ) know when this will be addressed because the issue persists in version after the one I tested.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2016 1
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the very same issue. Just spoke with host Network Solutions and they said all the files look good on their end. I still blank web pages.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So....

I added

//that fixed it right up

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2016 1
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you be more exact where you place this code?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2016 0
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks CraigLambie! It works!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2016 0
Engaged ,
Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still see a white screen before a new page loads when you navigate using your menu.

Did this happen when you built the site using the latest version of Muse or when you converted it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2016 0