Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blog video (portrait to landscape on mobile) breakpoint issue

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have a tumblr blog on my website using the Mumblr widget.

Widget works as expected between breakpoints, however the issue I have is when viewing video on mobile. If I play a video in portrait mode it plays fine, but when I switch my phone to landscape the video stops and the page is reloaded as it has hit the next breakpoint.

I understand this is expected with muse breakpoints, but I am hoping there is some sort of solution that keeps the video playing even if the page is reloaded in the background?

Really keen for a solution as this is making watching videos on the website very un user friendly.

Website is moontreehouse.co and blog is on the news page.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Hi Josh,

Unfortunately, It would restart if the rotated view falls in a new breakpoint as per its expected behavior.

However, you can play with it to make sure to keep a bigger breakpoint for phone site.

So that even after rotating it remains in the same breakpoint and the video will continue

Please have a look at this example site - Home

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Josh,

Unfortunately, It would restart if the rotated view falls in a new breakpoint as per its expected behavior.

However, you can play with it to make sure to keep a bigger breakpoint for phone site.

So that even after rotating it remains in the same breakpoint and the video will continue

Please have a look at this example site - Home

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines