• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blurry text issue after uploading to web

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating text in Photoshop. file size is 468 x 27px. Once i place this file in Muse it looks fine, not blurry. Then after i publish it to the web, its a little blurry and does not look crisp.

Process to save file I used:

Export > Export As> PNG. (transparency is checked, bicubic sharper, convert to sRGB is checked)

My question(s) what is the best way to maintain high quality (sharp, crisp and clear text) with documents saved in PS placed in Muse and uploaded to the web

Should i start with a larger sized image and scale down?

Should i be using illustrator or inDesign instead of PS? if so what is the best way to Export files to achieve high quality text on websites?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you show us a link?

If you use the text as an image in the same size in your muse, as you set it up in PS it should work.

If you scale it smaller or bigger, it can get blurry.

It would be much better, even if you use a non-web-save font directly in your muse, if it is a system font, for example.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you definitely need to use text as as image/graphic, it would be much better to create it in Illustrator and place it as .ai or .svg Format in Muse. This would preserve vector quality even on a web site.

If you want best possible pixel image quality, please read this thread and the discussions, which are linked there: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2416435

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question(s) what is the best way to maintain high quality (sharp, crisp and clear text) with documents saved in PS placed in Muse and uploaded to the web

There is no way

Should i be using illustrator

Yes

if so what is the best way to Export files to achieve high quality text on websites?

SVG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just be aware that using an image or SVG graphic in place of actual text, especially as a headline, diminishes your SEO potential. Contrary to what you may hear, image “Alt text“ does not replace HTML  text for SEO. Alt text helps a bit but it is not equivalent to html text.

With images/graphics you don’t get to use H1 tags etc.

Use image/svg text very judiciously. It also takes longer for svg and images to load...hurting your page load speed ...hurting SEO ...just a couple of tips and good reasons to be cautious.

Matt Cutts, Vice President of Search at Google for many years, (he just left) had a whole discussion about this some years ago. You can look it up. It’s not opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines