Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Boxes move in crazy manner with responsive design

Engaged ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!

My text boxes and image boxes move in all sorts of seemingly unpredictable ways when using them on a responsive page.

I've managed to fix most of them by grouping boxes together and adding content I want to stay together in Composition Widgets; but, there is one that I haven't been able to solve, yet.

I have a six slideshows set up in a grid with sides touching, no thumbnails. We start out with three column and two rows, at the next breakpoint, they become two columns and three rows, at the phone layout they become a single column.

I grouped all the slideshows to keep them touching at different browser widths. All works fine except of the phone size, where the boxes separate once again. Looks fine in Muse, but not when published on the web. Can I post, or otherwise get my Muse file to the Adobe team to take a look at?

(BTW, I would assume that if two photos or slide shows are the same size and touching each other that they would continue to touch each other and be scaled or moved accordingly as the browser is narrowed in size. Why does Muse not do this? Would this be something the Muse team might be working on? Right now, responsive in Muse is quite unpredictable for me. Another issue is the way two text boxes move in relation to each other when one has an embedded text box which holds an initial cap and the other does not. When the browser narrows, one text box moves up, and the other down. It's just crazy! I suppose that initial cap box extending a little above the regular text box may be causing the problem.)

Thank you!

Bob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More info—

What happened with the phone layout is that the hero images lost their Fill box attribute. All of the hero images (except the last one) because smaller, so the slideshows appeared out of place and smaller, as well. I have to go back and re-size all of the images in the hero box. I note that this only seems to have occurred on the phone breakpoint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jey Bob,

Many appologies to find you in this trouble.

However, would you mind sharing your .muse file with us so that we can investigate and try fixing it.

For sharing the file you can follow the steps explained here - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652 and send the link to me in a private message.

For doing a private message hover the mouse on my picture and click "message"

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines