• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Breakpoint format text

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2016 Feb 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to specify a different size text from break point to break point doesn't seem to be working for my design.  Is anyone else having this issue and are there any recommendations on why I could be having this issue?   I'm trying to put a specific break in a sentence for the mobile view, and although I have the text for this break point only selected, the change shows up across the different sizes...it is DRIVING ME CRAZY

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 07, 2016 Apr 07, 2016

Just to clarify how you can switch between responsive text and formatting across breakpoints:

on the vertical left toolbar (where you have the select tool, crop tool, rectangle tool, etc.), the last tool is a switch/toggle between working with text in responsive mode or across breakpoints.

Just be sure to select your text box and use this tool to switch to your need.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌If the text is part of something with states, be sure you're editing the Normal state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. I wrote about it a few hours ago.

I am having an issue with the text on a composition between breakpoints. Here is the example: I take the Featured News composition and I make the button with a  font of 22 and then go to a breakpoint and change the font to 16. The problem is that the button retains the text size in normal state on both breakpoints but the active state changes to 16 to both breakpoints. I tried changing back the active state to one breakpoint to 22 and one to 16, but it changes back to the last number used on the last breakpoint. Again, the normal state stays the same. Is there something i am doing or is it a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In addition to the caveat related to States as pointed out by Zak (also see Bug with active state and normal state in composition), please note the following:

• When you create a new page item, that item is considered to be in an "initialization mode" until to switch to a different breakpoint (or export). In this mode, any changes you make (size, position, text attributes, etc.) apply to all breakpoints. This is true even if you have set "Format text on current breakpoint".
  • Text attributes for synchronized text are always shared across breakpoints regardless of the state of this button.

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so actually even in "normal state" and the text tab attribute in "synchronized text" off, this latest better than sliced bread function does not work. You cant resize the text over break points. Bring back the old format for mobile at least it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 19, 2016 Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi imagine james,

Could you provide specific steps to reproduce the bug you are experiencing?

Also note that the new version with responsive design continues to support the adaptive approach of separate desktop/tablet/phone layouts (try the Page > Add Alternate Layout menu)

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2016 Apr 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify how you can switch between responsive text and formatting across breakpoints:

on the vertical left toolbar (where you have the select tool, crop tool, rectangle tool, etc.), the last tool is a switch/toggle between working with text in responsive mode or across breakpoints.

Just be sure to select your text box and use this tool to switch to your need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2016 Apr 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG THANK YOU!  Why didn't someone just say this 100 pages ago?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2016 Jul 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YAY! That's ALL I wanted to know, too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which one is which. Hover info unclear to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't tell you (embarrassingly so) how much I needed this little gem of knowledge. I was breaking my head over this. There are things like this that almost makes me want to give up with Muse. However every time I break into a file I always learn something new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Are you talking about the text tool that has two tools in one?

If this is it, it ain't working.format text on current breakpoint.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

claudiaporcarelli  schrieb

Hello, Are you talking about the text tool that has two tools in one?

If this is it, it ain't working.format text on current breakpoint.JPG

Of course it works. Where exactly is the issue? Please open a new thread and be sure that there´s some help.

Watch this: https://adobe.ly/2P3EHMc

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Omg! I have text on one break point, using the tool that formats text on one break point - and the text still shows up on all the breakpoints. I tried deleting the text on the other break points, but the text still shows up on all of them. I think I'm going insane. Ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change text formatting breakpointwise, not the text itself. If you need different wording, go to the corresponding breakpoint, right click onto the text element and choose "Hide in Breakpoint". Then create s new text element according your wishes, and choose "Hide in Other Breakpoints" from the contextual menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thank you. I will try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've also got an issue with 'formatting text on a current breakpoint': when I change padding on a smaller breakpoint in a normal state of the text form, it also changes in other breakpoints.

Is there any possibility to fix it?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont use the "Transform" panel but the "Text"panel:

Screen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Very much! It works))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines