• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Breakpoints and width problems i guess

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, i have a problem wiht the phone optimalizing, but first i have to tell u im rly new user in muse and my english is not the best.

So lets see, i think i have a problem with the breakpoints, im not sure cuz what i learned i learn in videos with my english..

Im not sure  what is the problem i just betting now. https://data.hu/get/10511634/Website-4.muse Here is my file, is all on my language.

So when i open my page on phone first problem is the size and then the backimage. I dont understand why the image at the back is moving and zooming?! Then why is so wide? not just the phone size may i gave a bad details for the page width ?

Thanks for ur answers and helps !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Please tell us, which button(s) we have to press, if we want to download the file!

Nobody wants to sign up for a newspaper subscription, or something like that!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us, which button(s) we have to press, if we want to download the file!

Nobody wants to sign up for a newspaper subscription, or something like that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From my point of view you should decide first, if you want to create an adaptive website with desktop, tablet, phone layout or responsive layout.

Although one can mix these two, it should be done only with fixed width breakpoints.

And, even worse , you mixed it up totally, because your desktop layout is already down to 320 px. you would not need an alternative layout anymore.

I highly recommend this thread to you:

Muse not redirecting to tablet versionā€‹

You should follow these rules. The following (letĀ“s call it "chi chi") could be done later.

1) So I would start to delete the phone layout and start from scratch with your "sitemap" in plan mode.

2) one page in one breakpoint, your widest breakpoint, you already got the idea of master, I see

3) then add breakpoints step by step and in between we can help you all the way until you are finished.

Hope this helps

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, fotoroeder is completely right! You site is so mixed up, that you should begin step by step. One more crucial problem: You are using system fonts, which have to be converted to images in the web. This causes huge problems on responsive pages. Please, use standard fonts or web fonts. A glance into Museā€™s font menu will explain the difference. The categories all have an initial description.

My recommendation: Try creating a fixed width site first, before you dive into responsiveness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi davidj25311139ā€‹,

I gave some more realized suggestions (yes GĆ¼nter HeiƟenbĆ¼ttel, fonts are another issue ā€“ I didn`t had in mind that they, behaving as pictures, cause further issues ) into this: SUMMER of GAMERS LanInfoSUMMER of GAMERS Lanā€‹ ,

deleted content ( I left some work for you ), set the fonts for web (which you should change of course "Add Webfonts").

I put most of the work to your master. I hope you get the message and the idea behind.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why i should not use the phone layout ? 

U mean u have to decide between phone layout and normal page breakpoints? if yes i would stay next to phone layout

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidj25311139  schrieb

For the webfont i can say, i used png. Tonight when i will arrive at home im going to check all ur suggestions and try to do these all:D thanks everyone (if i done i will let u know the result

You are here in a really great forum, believe me. Your font is not png at all, otherwise I would have not been able to change this font into "Freight Sans Pro Light".

Because you already layouted for mobile in your responsive design. If you want to use different content on mobile, you should either change this in breakpoint from 768 with fluid width breakpoints towards 320 or stop your desktop layout at 768 with fixed width breakpoint and create an alternative, yet, phone layout. Both would not be possible.

Where from should Muse or even the browser know, which layout to show, when you use two different layouts from 768 towards 320.

What you can do now: tell us what you want to achieve for each device. For now I don`t see a reason to not use a responsive layout.

It is good practice, referring to Pavel Homerikiā€‹, as shown in the thread from above, not to mix fluid width breakpoints with alternative layouts.

And because of this, if you anyway should use fixed width breakpoints, you can stay with responsive for the whole site.

Does this make sense?

Did you have a look to your modified muse-suggestion?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im looking it now, yeah i realised later i said stupid thing sorry , yes this forum is rly great with very good mates, im so glad for ur help

now i will delete the mobile layer, and i will build to ur seggestion, im going to start now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go for it .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay i got some original problems thats why i started to do the phone layout. I know is not the best way how i can show you but i should not take any long time with this.

http://www.kepfeltoltes.eu/view.php?filename=453IMG_0252.jpg

http://www.kepfeltoltes.eu/view.php?filename=868IMG_0251.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of links do you provide? I don`t know what to do with this.

Couldn`t you do screenshots?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with mobile it was faster and easier:D but now i just saw ur gift under of 765

(idn why is not opening the links)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ā€‹"ā€‹From 767 / 768 you should change your menu into a mobile menu, I guess."

ā€‹So if i press this breakpoint i can work just on this one ? -> pic added

edited: now the phone version is fine, but what with 1024-1280?:o

link for pic:

http://www.kepfeltoltes.eu/images/hdd1/2017/05/17/163asdfasdf.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

(This reply by fotoroederby mistake went in other thread), Please refer the below response)

Watch my ā€¦-suggestion file on its master. You have to move each element on each breakpoint to the place, where it should be until you hit the next breakpoint.

In this screenshot: the top one ā€“ the menu bar is inside these two thin blue lines inside ā€“ the outside lines are the

browsers edges, which you can follow in my second screenshot ā€“ if you reduce your browser you can easily realize where it "jumps" to the next layout on its second breakpoint.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-17 um 07.26.26.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-17 um 07.32.32.png

Most people like it, to have this menu background stretched to browser width to avoid these empty spaces between two breakpoints.

In your case, from my taste this is not necessary, your background image/browser fill is strong enough to keep it together, if you know what I mean.

If you now move the scrubber, nothing should ever leave the canvas, so you have to move and resize this menu background an everything in it, so it stays again in between these two blue lines ā€“ still thereĀ“s no pinning necessary ( for now - maybe later )

Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-17 um 07.40.31.png

So now at the next breakpoint you must again decide whether to stretch the menu background to browser width what I suggest,

or keep this little space and set this rectangle to "resize to browser width:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-17 um 07.45.46.png

but you realize, that you have to decide as well how to treat the menu ā€“ some people now hide this menu in breakpoint and replace it by a hamburger menu or, at least, with the wording "MENU" or some graphic element which lets users think, MENU-click me please.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-17 um 07.46.16.png

I uploaded again ( same name šŸ˜ž SUMMER of GAMERS LanInfoSUMMER of GAMERS Lan

Follow the master and check.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines