• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Breakpoints not working in browsers

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can somebody take a look at this file and tell me why none of my breakpoints are working in browsers?

Dropbox - website

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

I attached a link to your original post: Adobe Creative Cloud ​

This should help – all header content keeps centered as far as I can see.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, no breakpoint at 320. There are no smaller devices, so nothing to break from here.

I changed your page to fluid width breakpoint, so it looks like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-08 um 21.43.51.png

If you set your page to be fixed width breakpoints it could not work as intended.

Also changed the widest width the same way than the master. That helps.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi uwe

So far I have only set up the master page with the header. In your previous example you sent me you only use the maximum screen width for PC screens of 980 PX even on a 1920px breakpoint. To me this is a old-style look which I really hate. I like to use the whole width of the screen screen for content and header .

Please take a look at my previous website I produced on on a version of muse from earlier this year. http://stratosphericfilming.uk/

As you can see I am a reasonably competent designer but I don't understand the logic behind the new changes to muse.

I am trying to get a similar look on this site were the header is always centred and stays at the top of the screen. I thought I had pinned everything to top centre of the browser. I want the appearance to change in small device where the logo and font sizes changes according to the device size.

On my computer when I shrink the browser down nothing happens

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attached a link to your original post: Adobe Creative Cloud ​

This should help – all header content keeps centered as far as I can see.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem resolved! I skipped a step ahead by accident and forgot to create breakpoints on the homepage the same as I did on my master page. I've just been on the Adobe support and they put me straight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the most common mistake that I see, too. Filling in the feature request to the Muse team so that the experience with master / page breakpoints can be a bit better

Best,

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

fotoroeder  schrieb

If you set your page to be fixed width breakpoints it could not work as intended.

Also changed the widest width the same way than the master. That helps.

Best Regards,

Uwe

But my advice might have helped as well. On my side it did that. Breakpoints on master and their corresponding pages do not have to be the same but you should not mix from fixed to fluid width breakpoints.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines