• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug: full width with widget makes content shift

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, this issue has existed since the beginning and I do not understand how this has not been fixed yet!

ISSUE:

if you make a any composition widget item snap the edges for full screen capability... it does this to the rest of your website content (see image). It shifts the all the other content on your website to left, making a horrible gap of content on the right, with only the widget that goes full width.... EVEN if the other content is snapped to the edge as a full screen continued element.

Its like the widget element overwrites them and there is no fix!!

It does this on both samsung and Iphone (and I'm sure others, I have not tested it.)

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE AT ADOBE FIX THIS BUG NOW!

This is seriously the most annoying and discouraging bug ever! No one can make full width browser menus using widgets!

IMG_6F3D7715612C-1.jpeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Additional, and in case you won`t have heard from breakpoints:

You only use a fixed width site with 960

Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-30 um 09.30.52.png

Here you may follow, that between 960 and 320 (minimum width) it is up to you, how to keep on designing.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-30 um 09.33.33.png

Your menu may be changed to a mobile menu (some even call it hamburger menu ) and everything else should be rearranged like from top to bottom or what ever you prefer. You can keep on with fixed width breakpoints (which I recommend in your case) or go for fluid width breakpoints.

So UssNorway​

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the brick wall is a background image

you don't have an alt layout for phones or a small breackpoint for devices like iphone so the design gets mashed into the browser however it fits... in short this is a design issue, not a bug

p.s, Muse is now eol and Adobe is not fixing anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional, and in case you won`t have heard from breakpoints:

You only use a fixed width site with 960

Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-30 um 09.30.52.png

Here you may follow, that between 960 and 320 (minimum width) it is up to you, how to keep on designing.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-30 um 09.33.33.png

Your menu may be changed to a mobile menu (some even call it hamburger menu ) and everything else should be rearranged like from top to bottom or what ever you prefer. You can keep on with fixed width breakpoints (which I recommend in your case) or go for fluid width breakpoints.

So UssNorway​ found your "bug" – eat it or serve it.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK then It is a design flaw in the way adobe muse is made then,

Because It is completely useless for me to have to make multiple breakpoint for every size browser width device that exists specially when I have everything snapping to the edges to do full width browser extension. Everything should just auto continue to the edge of whatever device it is being viewed on.... since I dragged the content boxes to the edge (to fit browser width).. and it completely works!... that is..... until you drag a muse widget to the browser with and then the bug happens. Yes it is a bug, or a glitch or whatever you want to call it. but everything works normal, until you try to make a muse widget go full width and then all your other content stops stretching to the full browser width.

(This problems is specific to phone viewing)

WEBSITE WITHOUT THE FULL BROWSER WIDGET:

firehouseeats.com

WEBSITE WITH FULL BROWSER WIDGET:

firehouseeats.com/example

P.S. I AM SO SAD THAT ADOBE ENDED MUSE! Muse has the potential to take over the entire web market and become the industry standard for web design, much like illustrator and photoshop have become! this program has changed the game for me and so many designers, designing websites with code is such an archaic method we should be way beyond this by now! we do not photo edit with code? why do we still build websites with code? PLEASE adobe reconsider and bring back support you guys were doing so well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines