Exit

Bug in State button alignment behavior - please fix

Contributor ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

i noticed this bug while working with many state buttons as menu

i wanted to resize all of them together and saw that the object (text field) inside doesn't act as it should when pin to the center.

it use to be perfect for workflow no is bad

Another thing is you cant pin the text or any object inside the state button if its set to responsive width - really bummer

if i want to set text to the right and have it responsive i can't

I used to use it when creating complex state button with many object responsive and aligned to different places

anyway it was good and work perfect in design mode and preview mode

please fix it for the next update it really important to my opinion

adding videos for better understanding

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to preview in browser? All works as expected – and mich more better than in any previous version of Muse.

Pinning doesn’t affect the designing of an object, but the behaviour on your site/page. Therefore, dragging the edge of a button in layout mode can’t show pinning, because it is here, where you define pinning. In your example, the responsive text box stays within the button, where it should stay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

As is see it you are wrong

yes, it is working on preview but the idea of muse is that The UI when designing should correspond with the way it eventually preview,

therefor, like when you resize text field and it is flow and when you change BG image fitting you see it right a way the pining inside a state button should act as it supposed to be, so if i choose to center the text and resize the button the text should stay centered

Furthermore it was like this until the last update so i do think it should be back to its original behavior

And what is the deal of disabling pining when object is re-sizable, why disabling something that was working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ZivoDesign,

Well,this is absolutely one of the thousands bugs on this last release. I've noticed this bug with the state button as soon as they released this update.

Adobe is trying to give us workaround solutions which is absolutely stupid. We don't need workaround solutions, we need the the issues addressed.  Or the issues are fixed or not. There's no middle term. Workaround solutions won't fix the issues 100%.   I understand that Adobe is working hard ( not that hard as we think) , so I'm waiting for the update and I absolutely hope when I open my project after the update, I don't have to touch anything, this should be addressed as soon as I open my project.

These workaround solutions, vertical shift widget, are just blah blah blah.  Before the update everything was working well, now it's all messed up. When I open the project after the update, everything should be as before. I don't have to review my project to see what is wrong. There's nothing wrong.

We are waiting, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Don't read this

Thanks for the solidarity

i get it that you pissed on Adobe, in my case i remembered to backup my files so no harm in projects term,

but still disappointing to wait so much time to the new and impressive update and not be able to use it.

I am just ignoring that this update rolled-out and working on the 2017 release

it can take a month or two, i believe its vacation time and i think they were pressured to roll it out too soon and this is the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the point highlighted is about the pinning of text frame inside the button frame, which when stretched was dragging the text frame in previous versions.

If we see this closely we would find that the text frame inside button was page pinned so it should maintain its pinning distance with page center (center pinning) , but it was eventually not maintaining the center distance in previous releases and was increasing on stretching the button frame.

So the page pinning was actually not working on text frame inside button in previous release, which now works in current release.

In this release page pinning does behaves like a page pin and maintains the distance as per the page element is pinned.

- Center Page pinning should maintain the distance from page center

- Right page pinning should maintain the distance from page right edge

- Left page pinning should maintain the distance from left page edge

Another change is that Nested elements are no more allowed for pinning when they are responsive, as when page element is set to responsive and is nested within any parent container then by default the fluid pinning will act and page element would maintain the distance from parent container frame.

For example,

when a rectangle is inserted in composition target and composition is set to responsive resize :

- Scrubbing through breakpoints resizes the target as well the rectangle inside target.

When rectangle is set to resize none inside target and page pinned :

- Rectangle will be pinned in respect to its parent container which is the target, so pinning will maintain the distance between the rectangle edge and target edge.

- Composition target on scrubbing will resize till the point when rectangle frame edge touches target frame edge, the parent container(target) will respect the resize and pinning behavior set to rectangle.

When target is also set to pin on page :

- On scrubbing the target will maintain its position on page as per page pinning applied to it.

- Child element(rectangle) will maintain the pinning with respect to target edge.

The change with pinning behavior was enrolled due to complexity of scenarios with child-parent element when pinned.

As now we have all widgets supporting responsive behavior , we have tried to rectify the workflows which were not working accurately before.

Thanks,

Sanjit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds very helpful to me, hope so for "Zivo Design" and "Don`t Read this" as well.

Many thanks Sanjit

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the detaild post

i still think the last release was acting well

many advanced users use state button for complex scenarios and it was good that the pinning inside state button act like separate area.

now it still like this but with less options (no pinning for resize-able objects)

Regardless, my main issue was not how it acts in preview mode which is fine and working as it should, my point of the post was that it should act like this in the design mode too. that is my main complain.

@sanjit_das

please look again at the videos, it is more of a UI function issue than an actual browser preview behavior

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2017 Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, the reason is that:

• If you have a „single content“ container (text, image), The content resizes, when you are resizing the container.
  • If you have a „multi content" container (composition, state button, accordion), the „child containers" don’t resize automatically, when the "parent container" is resized. To check the resizing behaviour, you have to move the scrubber or „Preview the actual page.

I think, this behaviour makes sense. Only one of many reasons:

• Think of a multi-target composition or accordion, where you only can see one target at a time. Resizing the container including all child elements, would end up in working blindly: You can’t see, what happens to the child elements in other targets. The actual solution: In these cases, when dragging the parent container and the children start to „bleed“ outside, the the parent container is caused to „snap back“, to make sure to keep the children fitting into the container. So, you have to look at every single target and resize the content, before being able to resizes the parent area. This is exactly the way, state buttons work too.

But this is no new behaviour at all. All former versions on Muse have been working this way.

If you want this behaviour to be changed, you should place a feature request. (I think, nobody requested this before).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So i update to 2018 and saw that nothing has changed, unfortunately

I am really upset

and i believe non of you understand me although i attached videos references

the state button act fine when published,

My point is the work flow in "design mode" which force me to re-centered the objects within the state button every time i manually resize state buttons, as a designer i do it a lot just to find the right size and when you have 10 state button you need to change all of them one by one, it is super annoying

Please can someone agree with me on that so it will get more attention

Thank you all for the good work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines