Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug - "does not appear to point to site" and other Muse CC issues

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Muse CC and I've recently had my computer fixed so I had to re-install the program, thus removing my credentials. Having made edits to my site I've been trying to upload my site and have hit a number of issues.

1. Entering the ftp server causes the entire program to close. I've managed to circumvent this by turning the internet off before opening the program, this allows me enter the value and then pop the internet on. Still, it is a frustrating bug.
  2. More importantly, when trying to upload the site I receive the message "Folder 'public_html' does not point to site". I have tried a number of variations, including using /public_html; /public_html/; public_html/domain.com (it being my domain) but with no luck. I've confirmed all my details with GoDaddy, my hosting provider, so it appears to be a Muse issue. The only thing that makes it actually appear to upload is clicking ignore when the error pops up but whatever it's doing when its showing the upload process it's not making any changes to my site. I've only had issues since my re-install, I had no problems up until the beginning of Feb when my computer had to go away.

Does anyone have any insight into this issue? I've looked at previous issues of this kind in this forum but no one appears to have hit upon a solution - at least not one that helps most people?

TOPICS
Bugs , Import and export , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  Disconnect from the Internet BEFORE you launch Muse.  Enter FTP details and then connect to the Internet.

==================

Muse support ends in 23 days.  Have you migrated to new software yet?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, thanks for the response.

To be honest, the first issue isn't so bad as I have a workaround - the exact one you suggest - it was more a case of "if anyone has a way to actively stop this rather than get around it, great". The real issue is not being able to update my site due to Muse being unable to connect to my hosting despite the details being correct.

And no, I haven't migrated. I've been having trouble finding suitable software and I'm not keen on returning my portfolio to a CMS backed service. I'm very sad about Muse, I think it's a wonderful program - but for all the bugs.

------

Geoffrey Bunting

Geoffrey Bunting Graphic Design

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Muse development ended a while ago.  Workarounds are all we have. 

2. It goes without saying that Muse's FTP engine is outdated and not fully compatible with hosts requiring more secure file transfer methods.  Export your Muse project to HTML and use Filezilla client to upload files.  If that fails to transfer files, contact your hosting provider.  It could be a permissions problem on their end.

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines