• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Button to child page gives 404 error

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on this website off and on for over a year, but of course right as I go to hand off to the client half of the pages stop linking.

I have a PROPERTIES page which lists out all of the current properties. Under the photo and description of each property there is a button labeled "Learn More" that should link it to the appropriate page nested under PROPERTIES. The hyperlink appears correct, but after going live I get this error on all but 1 of the pages that are linked via a button.

Not Found

The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is confusing: The alert says: „The requested URL/index.php was not found …“ Muse normally doesn’t write .php files, but .html files. So the link can’t work.

Can you give us a link to the „misbehaving“ page of your site?

Perhaps it will be necessary to have a look at your .muse file to fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any of the "Learn More" links on this page except for Alyward will give you the error.

PROPERTIES

One of the specific pages is: http://seattlepma.com/105mercer.html

Happy to share the Muse file if that would help. What would be the best way to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2019 Aug 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure, if sharing your .muse file will help.

The issue is this:

Example „Audrey 3617 Woodland Park Ave N, Seattle, 98103"

If one clicks onto the „Learn More“ button below this description, the link goes to

http://seattlepma.com/audrey.html

This address doesn’t exist. The link should go to

seattlepma.com/audrey.php instead

You have to correct your links.

As I already said: Muse doesn’t normally (there are some small exceptions) write .php pages, but only .html pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the error is correct, you are trying to link to an outside page so change your menu to say .php instead of .html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

A bit late to this thread, but here goes -

It's about getting the links correct. The best way is to use the "Hyperlinks" drop down menu

when you select the "Learn More" text you want to send the viewer to the correct property listing.

Home.jpg

After you've made the sub page for the property, then the correct link for it will be in the drop down

so you can correctly select it with a  click.

I hope this helps clarify things.

Rgrds, Euan.

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Euan, unfortunately this doesn‘t clarify, this confuses. The original poster links to an external (php) page. So he can‘t select anything in the „Hyperlinks“ dropdown. He has to fill in the complete(!) address manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

From your question:

"I have a PROPERTIES page which lists out all of the current properties. Under the photo and description of each property there is a button labeled "Learn More" that should link it to the appropriate page nested under PROPERTIES. The hyperlink appears correct, but after going live I get this error on all but 1 of the pages that are linked via a button."

Are the property pages made in Muse? Did I misread that nested under properties are not sub pages in a Muse file?

My apologies, christef if I get that wrong.

Rgrds, Euan

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Simply read the wording of the alert or follow the posted link and look at the links, which are addressed by clicking the buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines