• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Button with hyperlink not clickable after update to 2018.1

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everything is fine up to and including Muse version 2018.0.

After upgrade to 2018.1 the buttons in the Superfan panel on the left of each page on my site are not clickable and don't allow user to go to that page.

For example on this page Ed Sheeran Tickets and Social Feeds All in 1 Place  if you click on the itunes and amazon buttons etc nothing happens. They probably will in a few hours because I have got to make it usable so will resave back to 2018.0 version.

Any idea why they should stop working in the latest version? Many thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

I've been doing some testing, regarding buttons not working since upgrade to 2018.1

It looks like the upgrade (2018.1) doesn't like the way the Layers are used.

Layer 1 on the Master Page contains the Home, Artist Pages and Events Pages drop down panel.

On the general page the Superfan Hub panel is on Layer 2, below Level 1, so that when the Artist Panel expands it drops down to cover the Superfan hub, which is the desired effect.

When it is set up this way, Muse 2018.1 doesn't allow the buttons in

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works perfect on my side. Sorry.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

As mentioned in my original question, they work at the moment because I had to resave it in Muse 2018.0 to make it work again as this is a live site. The problem just occurs when saved and published using Muse 2018.1

All this probably doesn't matter except for the fact that I'll be changing my Creative Cloud account next month from Team to Individual and I'm worried that when I re-download all the Apps, Muse 2018.0 won't be available just 2018.1 which breaks my site.

Thanks once again for the reply.

Best wishes

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that link doesn`t work anymore in 2018.1, than some element may cover that buttons?

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Uwe

I'll try a test page with all the elements included, then take each element off one by one until it (hopefully) works in 2018.1. That way I'll be able to see if any parts of the elements are covering the buttons in some way. I'll let you and the forum know if this works.

Just confused why everything works in 2018.0

Best wishes

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been doing some testing, regarding buttons not working since upgrade to 2018.1

It looks like the upgrade (2018.1) doesn't like the way the Layers are used.

Layer 1 on the Master Page contains the Home, Artist Pages and Events Pages drop down panel.

On the general page the Superfan Hub panel is on Layer 2, below Level 1, so that when the Artist Panel expands it drops down to cover the Superfan hub, which is the desired effect.

When it is set up this way, Muse 2018.1 doesn't allow the buttons in the Superfan hub to work, however in 2018.0 they do work!

However if everything is on Layer 1, the buttons are clickable in Muse 2018.1 and Muse 2018.0, but unfortunately the drop down Artist Page panel when expanded gets hidden by the Superfan Hub panel, which is not desired!

So basically it looks like I'll always have to stick with Muse version 2018.0, just posting this to draw attention to a possible bug in Muse 2018.1 regarding layers.

Best wishes

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you sure it the Muse code blocking the buttions?

Screenshot (862).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ussnorway

Thanks for your reply. Not sure I understand your reply.

Do you think it might be the Cookie Widget that isn't working in 2018.1 and this is stopping the buttons?

Just confused why everything works in 2018.0 but not 2018.1

Best wishes

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as my screenshot shows, the cookie widget does in deed block the itunes (+ every thing else) button at some browser widths... this may or may not be the same thing blocking your customers but if so it has nothing to do with Muse (2018 or 2018.1)

you need to do more testing!

fyi as a side note; I have 2018 (for testing) but use 2017 (build 2017.0.2.363) on all my important sites because it is more stable... the bottom line is you can use whatever Muse verson fits your needs as long as you keep a copy of the exe and follow standard backup recovery rules that any pro should

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines