Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cafe ecommerce menu

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am trying to create an e-commerce site for a client that has a cafe. This cafe has three locations I need an ecommerce widget that will allow the customer to place their order, pay for their order and pick up their order you place a delivery address in for their order. The thing is there are 3 location Avalon, Sea Isle and Wayne, so if the customer submits an order for Avalon we don't want the others seeing the order that had been place.. I tried the Ecwid widget and it does everything i need it to do expect for e-mailing the orders to a particular location. The orders go to all three locations...  Sorry for the winded explanation and help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

I didn't know there was also an Avalon in the US... Avalon nsw is one of my holiday spots

anyway yes Ecwid is one of very few ecommerce systems that uses Muse... is in fact wordpress but has a muse widget and they target small shop makers to sell on Facebook etc. their system allows two types of auto email; one to the customer and one to admin so in this senario you would need to use a custom admin email and then have the extra step of sending out a new email to the (one of three) stores.

for a ca

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey erics,

I am not sure if there is anything which can be done in Muse to control the Ecwid's operations.

You probably will have to reach their support and raise this concern.

Or if there is something missed by me, I invite our experts to chime in and suggest.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush, thanks for getting back to me. I don't think that there is anything within Muse that can help with the Ecwid widget. Really the Ecwid widget does everything I need it to do but send the orders to a particular address. The cafe has three locations and takeout orders could get pretty confusing if all three locations are e-mailed the same order, when the order was only intended for a particular location. Sure the order states the location on the e-mail and the staff could be sure to double check to be sure the order is for them to fill. But i am sure someone will over look that detail and fill the order when the order was not intended for them.

I was wondering if there is another e-commerce widget that can handle what I am looking for. Ecwid will only answer limited questions since I am not a paid subscriber. I am actually trying to sell this function to my client, but we want to be sure it can handle what we're after.

Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ussnorway

May I bother you by inviting to this thread?

I feel that you are pretty versed in e-commerce and online stores.

Please share if you have got any inputs on this.

Kind Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't know there was also an Avalon in the US... Avalon nsw is one of my holiday spots

anyway yes Ecwid is one of very few ecommerce systems that uses Muse... is in fact wordpress but has a muse widget and they target small shop makers to sell on Facebook etc. their system allows two types of auto email; one to the customer and one to admin so in this senario you would need to use a custom admin email and then have the extra step of sending out a new email to the (one of three) stores.

for a cafe this system would be too slow imo as email is not instant and even an automatic sorting system still delays the final order... If it was me setting this system up in the US* then I would use wordpress instead of muse because you need to centralised the administration i.e, a job for a cms. the only other option for Muse that may be able to cater is https://www.publiz.com/ ... I have used them but not for this type {3 different stores linked together} of senario

*(which uses a slightly diifferent tax system bassed mostly on delivery area instead of billing area)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That you for your reply. Yeah, Avalon is in New Jersey, a beach community. It's really nice and a good vacations spot as well.

As far as wordpress, I am pretty clueless with wordpress. I find that the Ecwid widget actually does everything I need it to do except allow me to place different e-mails for locations. I thought about have three location buttons on the site, the customer would just click the location and that menu would appear, but that would require three different stores, one for each location and Ecwid would probably charge for each store due to different store IDs. So I am think that something this simple is actually turing out to be impossible with a widget for Muse....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines