• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CALL ADOBE

Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have direct contact info for Shantanu Narayan?  (I find it telling that unlike many publicly held companies, the CEO's contact information is not available.  And when I called and asked to be routed to his secretary, they refused.  AT LEAST ONE CAN EMAIL TIM COOK AT APPLE!)

I would urge everyone to call and leave messages. (Trust me, few people at Adobe take the time to read through these very lengthy forums.) The corporate number is 408-536-6000.  Leave messages for Marissa Lee and/or Paige Young.  (It is also very good to contact Press Officers at Adobe, whose phone numbers can usually be found at the bottom of their Press Releases.  And maybe best of all, call the numbers listed in the Investor Relations.

When I left messages yesterday, Danni called me at my office to explain the decision, which evidently is based on the cost of keeping to 50-person Muse team in place.  The difficulty here is that the younger firms such as Affinity are far more agile.  And as Adobe has gotten more bloated, the cost of development can't be sustained, despite, ahem, their record sales.  I pointed out that if the design community is not heard, there will be a sharp migration to Affinity—they are going to eat Adobe's lunch.  Affinity does NOT have any web development projects, but their software competitors to Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign (soon, I believe), are incredibly elegant and inexpensive.  (I myself have spent years building a huge platform on MUSE, and now all of that hard work is destroyed.)

The risk we all face now is that the small companies who might try to develop a MUSE alternative are themselves very vulnerable to the market, and many have already tried to develop projects and have failed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines