• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I Disable Left/Right Dragging on Mobile?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I'm working on a website but I have ONE bug/problem I have not yet solved. When viewed on Mobile the user can swipe/drag right or left and it messes up the website. I suspect this is being caused by a full width image slider that hides behind the front content of the page when you scroll down. Sometimes chunks of the site will get stuck to the left revealing the banner element which is meant to slide/hide behind. I have CAREFULLY checked. There are no accidental elements hanging out on the art board. This appears to only happen badly to pages with image sliders. Swiping is disabled for all image sliders as well.

I have already disabled horizontal scrolling via the master page and this solved the problem in browser. The issue ONLY appears to be happening in the mobile with dragging. Is there any script or code I can add to stop this? I'm not an awesome coder, but at least know how to add this stuff in. I'm just looking for a way to force/stop this from happening in mobile.

The website can be viewed on the following test server:

Home

This is the site working correctly (image is in the process of sliding, not an error)

IMG_1882.PNG

If you hold and drag left it breaks apart like this - you can see the white background of the browser and all the elements have been shoved off the page:

IMG_1881.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Oh my gosh. I am so dumb. I guess the HTML code I used wasn't as good. I downloaded the free QooQee disabler widget and that worked much better and solved my problem. After like three weeks of trying to fix this... it was as simple as that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh my gosh. I am so dumb. I guess the HTML code I used wasn't as good. I downloaded the free QooQee disabler widget and that worked much better and solved my problem. After like three weeks of trying to fix this... it was as simple as that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines