• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I import a Muse site anywhere and not have to rebuild?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a designer. I am looking for a job, I need to take my Muse site and do some edits to create a second site with 90% of the content staying the same. I am very worried about needing to rebuild, or having to use any code (Word Press confounds me) I need a drag and drop code free option! Is there anything right NOW that I can import my current site into without it getting destroyed? I can't find any discussions that are current January 2019— I am hoping there is something out there people have used to move their Muse sites successfully into. My site is pretty simple but I really don't have time to start over. Please help.

suejohnsondesign.com

if you want to see what I need to move... Thank you!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have Muse on your computer? Why don`t you save it with a new name, do your edits, save it and publish it?

Or did I miss something? Muse is still running until at least May 2020. You can´t import your site to anything else.

There´s Pinegrow, where you can open a website and use that code, but as you may have realized, not without code.

Could you get more detailed about your issue, please?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize Muse will be around until 2020, but it seems pointless to continue with a program they are doing away with. My site is published. I need to create a second site based of the published site. I don’t want to use Muse since it won’t work for long. So I am looking for a new web building program that is drag and drop NO CODE, zero code I don’t do any coding it totally baffles me, I want to move my site without it blowing up to a new program and then alter it as needed. I need to do this quickly, like in a week or so. I don’t want to work in Muse, but I don’t want to start over. I am HOPING Adobe is working with some other software provider so we can move our stuff. I am certain I am far from the only person with this problem.

Thanks for any suggestions. I have read about something called Architect as a possible option...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So have a look at webflow or withoutcode. A week is very ambitious, I guess. Muse will work for much longer than 2020 btw (no need to panic too much). It may lack after 2020 if and only as soon as your OS or browsers do not support this kind of html. This could be one or two or even 5 years. So if you are in a hurry with only one week left I recommend to stay with Muse for this special site. Anything else will be a question of money and time you need to spend on learning new app. Some people here say, it's hilarious quick with either webflow or withoutcode, though.

Forget about Adobe with webdesign like Muse. Only DW is on the road from Adobe.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks. I’ll look into both

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

✌️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse creates proprietary files that only work in Muse.   I don't know of any product that can read Muse files except Muse.

sj1122  wrote

I need to create a second site based of the published site. I don’t want to use Muse

Since you're under pressure to get something up quickly,  look at Adobe Portfolio.  It's free with qualifying CC plans.  Portfolio is very simple to use, no coding required and hosted on Adobe's servers.  Best of all, Portfolio ties in seamlessly with Behance, a very popular venue for creative talent to showcase their work online.   You can have a new Portfolio site up and running in less than 1 hour.  

Adobe Portfolio | Build your own personalized website

If you already have work on Behance, when you use Adobe Portfolio for the first time, this work will already be populated into your Adobe Portfolio as the basis to your website.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/209114247-What-is-the-difference-between-Behance-and-...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP was about kind of duplicating an existing website, not portfolio or behance which has nothing to do with creating websites. Did you have a look at the site from the OP? Exporting Muse as html is readable by pinegrow and works similar like the site done with muse. But the OP wants no coding app, so.... Any of Adobe right now is not helpful in this case at all, Nancy. Is the exported html readable by Dw?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sue is a designer with a very simple portfolio site, a 1 week deadline and no coding skills.    Portfolio is the perfect tool for building portfolio websites quickly and affordably.

Dramweaver and Pinegrow are great for coders.  But let's be honest, Muse code isn't fit for human consumption.  It's made for browser consumption only.    In my view, Portfolio would be a better choice.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines