• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use InDesign to make a webpage w/out knowing code 2?... ehem

New Here ,
May 06, 2012 May 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or DreamWeaver? OMG yes I'm a dum dum, but trying to get there and become GREAT just like u

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's what Lauren Herda's said in her tweet you posted–that is what I was responding to, not anything anyone in this thread posted. I should have made that clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"rank" was not tweeted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duly noted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

medeamajic wrote:

...Muse is going to get better and better regaurdless of what you want to believe....

Ignorance is tiring.

I've never said that it won't get better. I certainly hope it does get better. I certainly hope you find joy in using it. I simply tried to convey that you are confused to think that Muse is going to replace or "outshine" Dreamweaver. Adobe is marketing these programs to two different users. Adobe is not going to eliminate its professional design tools in favor of tools for casual users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously if you know and love InDesign, like I do, Muse is the way to go. I can't believe how easy and beautiful it is. I am working on my first site, a monster with over 40 pages and it looks amazing. I am living without table feature, not something I would use. But I also agree that lists are necessary, and I believe they will be coming in Muse shortly. For the short term I've used bullets and the indent/outdent solution, but I can't believe that real lists will be far behind. Seems like they would be so easy to implement. Again, if you know InDesign, give the free Muse trial a go, that's what I did. ( I also know some HTML/CSS and Dreamweaver, but at a basic level.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

grayrockgraphics wrote:

...if you know and love InDesign, like I do, Muse is the way to go...

That is nearly identical to a previous marketing campaign for Freeway Pro, from a decade ago. BTW, Freeway has lists and tables and everything else Adobe is still struggling to put in Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create tables and lists on DW and paste it to Muse like "insert HTML". Or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but that makes DW an expensive table generator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL I'll try create bullets lists in DW and paste it on Muse... bullets was not visible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to override Muse's global CSS reset by explicitly stating the styles inline in DW.

<ul>

<li style="list-style-type:disc;">1</li>

<li style="list-style-type:disc;">2</li>

<li style="list-style-type:disc;">3</li>

</ul>

The bullets will not show in Design mode. They will appear in Preview mode and in export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Can I use InDesign to make a webpage w/out knowing code 2?... ehem"

An unequivocal YES. Yes you can. And quite functional and sexy pages too. You can make a whole site.  Have at it. It's new so explore, create some awesome pages and have fun!

Don't listen to the haters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr. Rogers, don't be an idiot. The only trolls in this forum are those that try to cause division by calling others "haters". Grow up. Nobody said that the OP could not make a site with Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Avoid all fancy applications and code it by hand using some free editor. HTML and CSS is not hard to learn. No harder, and not much more time consuming, than learning an entire application. Chances are you are going to need to edit the resulting application's HTML and CSS anyways at some point. Might as well know what you are doing. Plus, there no alternative markup language for the web. So you won't have people selling you on their loyalty to brand X's markup. In the end, its only HTML and CSS. Get good at that and you might want to learn Javascript too. Just make sure you do everything on an Apple computer. Those are the best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines