I build my sites with Muse. I have clients use in-browser editing to make their own edits.
However, since changing some sites to https with an SSL certificate, In-browser editing can not find the site. I have re-uploaded, and everything seems to be in the right places, but still, can't find it.
What am I doing wrong?
Are you redirecting inbound HTTP requests to HTTPS at the server level?
In other words, if I go to your domain at HTTP, does it automatically re-direct me to HTTPS?
Yes. I am using a Cpanel hosting acct through GoDaddy
If it worked previously, I don't know why IBE would stop working on a secure site.
Maybe Ussnorway has some ideas.
It isn't recognizing my login credentials
and on some sites it isn't finding the website
I confirm that IBE has gone offline
No...that is only for site hosted on business catalyst. Mine is hosted at Godaddy. It still functions.
I tested InbrowserEditing on some sites, which were migrated from http to https and hosted by Strato and 1&1. Alll is working as usual without any issues:
Probably there is a server or credential issue?
Thank you, I know it works overall, but for some reason it won’t accept the login info or recognize some of the sites when forwarded to https. Any ideas?
Why don‘t you ask GoDaddy?
I have a question into them as well. Just trying to cover all sides of the issue.
Why don‘t you simply ask: „Who hosts his site with GoDaddy and can‘t access IBE after switching to https?“
Well sir, I thought my first question was more appropriate. I wanted to know if there was a known issue. I think I have found out that if there is an issue it rests on the GoDaddy side.
One other thing to check for is mixed HTTP & HTTPS content. Browsers will block assets that go to HTTP for security reasons. Check your site with this online service. It will generate a report and identify any blocked scripts on your site.
there are many things that can block ibe and fyi its still offline here in Australia
the host server has to allow ibe and be running
the licence swapping http to https has to be correct and correct = different from one country to the next so the host server is the key i.e, if you live in the US but host in Australia then correct for Australia is what matters
and last the client needs an account + working network to the host server which could also be offline because some pluck a duck cut the cable with his digging machine
all of the above is why ibe was never a good idea & just a band-aid patch at best