• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Muse be used to create html newsletter templates to be emailed?

Participant ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to create a newsletter template and save it as HTML to be sent out using one of the standard email host programs. Can Muse be used for that? I tried setting it up in InDesign and exporting it as HTML but the result was a mess. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

This is the best email template builder I have found.

BEE free | Free email editor to design responsive design messages

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Muse can't be used for this purpose. Emailers require pure HTML and nothing else, Muse uses CSS and other scripts to work which will not translate in someone's inbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is something that could easily be incorporated in Muse - and sorely needed.

An option for email friendly mode like the alternate responsive layouts but with greyed out widgets, CSS etc - can't be that difficult Adobe team?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 04, 2013 Jul 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is something I could use right now, and I agree with NineDesign that it would probably be a cakewalk for the Muse team,  but at the same I would hate to take the Muse team's focus away from the main mission. They are really on a roll and the new features are looking better and better.

On the other hand, if there is no other 'no code' tool for creating email templates, it would probably bring more designers into the Muse fold.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any further news on being able to create HTML newsletters in future upgrades of Muse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very unlikely.

Have a look at Mail Designer Pro: Mail Designer Pro 3 on the Mac App Store

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 27, 2016 Oct 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all these Mail Design and Mail Layout Services ... there is always a subscription involved for sending out the emails after having created them. I just don't get the point. Every web designer has most likely a web hosting company (does not need to be BC), an email account. Why should I subscribe to another email marketing service and pay another monthly fee?

I am using Adobe Muse to send out emails since I have already all the assets and styles created in my Muse project which is much easier, rather than starting from scratch and using another software.

Here is a page I am using for sending out my newsletter.

I send this in web page format. I have tested a responsive layout ... but unfortunately, most email clients do not support responsive designs using LAYERS. Most of these Mail Design Layout software programs use TABLES.

Furthermore, I have still not figured out how to import the Email Layouts from Mail Designer Pro into Apple Mail for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree! I need more time saving options; having to use those email builders in all the different platforms my clients use is such a pain and is so time consuming Or building in Dreamweaver then importing and updating links and images inside the campaign website is also a drag. I tried Muse hoping it would have the option to export as email friendly and was greatly disappointed. It can't be too much to ask for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jessicas85365285  wrote

I tried Muse hoping it would have the option to export as email friendly and was greatly disappointed. It can't be too much to ask for.

#1 Muse was never meant to be an e-mail generator.  It's a web page generator which is a whole different animal.

#2 Muse is end of life.  It  will never be updated.

For best results with HTML e-mail, use an industry tested template.

https://zurb.com/playground/responsive-email-templates

And forget about Outlook which is the worst e-mail client on the planet.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2014 Apr 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please could you let us know if there is any further news on being able to create HTML newsletters in future upgrades of Muse? I Agree with all of the above we could really do with this soon...please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2014 May 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also love to use Muse for email Tempate purposes!!!

Please Look into this Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2015 Feb 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any news on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2015 Feb 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. And I understand it's unlikely ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have Desktop . +Tablet . +Phone ... why not adding another entry +Mail?

This way designers could create a newsletter template for an editorial team ... fully editable by using Business Catalyst?

1) Upload on Business Catalyst

2) Copy & Paste the page into my email client

3) Using my address book instead of using another service and managing another address book

4) Hitting "send"

Why using another third party software, another mailing service, another address book, another list to manage in another online service.

Sounds complicated ... I know html formatted emails are tricky to make it work in several email clients ... but, it's possible.

I mean, mailchimp can do it too ... right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be another great service to offer clients and wrap up in one clean billing statement

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the best email template builder I have found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 07, 2015 Sep 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure about these "email services" and "email collector services". Is it to offer a service or just to check out your conversion rate with your list of subscribers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I'm not sure about these "email services" and "email collector services". Is it to offer a service or just to check out your conversionrate with your list of subscribers?

Good "billing" point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, and how about even making billing statements ... look  nice ... on every platform ... ten years later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2016 Jun 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could not agree more!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 07, 2015 Sep 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I have tested. The Apple Mail client as well as viewing emails using their iCloud service works pretty well so far. The main problem are other email clients and online email services which are not displaying the composed email layouts properly or not at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even wordpad could be used for this. You don't need anything special if you know html well. But it takes a lot of time, that's why i prefer ready made solutions, for example http://www.nl.poweredtemplate.com/brochure-templates/newsletters/free/index.html

It's not very cool but still decent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a FREE email builder I have used in the past the works very easy.

*It does not save your work so be sure to get it right before you exit the website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bummer, I was really hoping for this functionality as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines