• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Muse be used to create html newsletter templates to be emailed?

Participant ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to create a newsletter template and save it as HTML to be sent out using one of the standard email host programs. Can Muse be used for that? I tried setting it up in InDesign and exporting it as HTML but the result was a mess. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

This is the best email template builder I have found.

BEE free | Free email editor to design responsive design messages

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has to be a huge demand for this, I'm creating half a dozen emails a week and it's a royal PITA.

Currently we are creating/re-using the content in Illustrator/Photoshop/InDesign, slicing it up into sections, uploading this to your email delivery system of choice (Mailchimp for us), then writing html code to tie it all together (usually to get around Mailchimp's limitations).

Or we create the entire email in Dreamweaver, host the assets remotely and paste the html into Mailchimp.

What we get is an email design that's compromised by the tools we are using.

So much potential is there for a Muse-like app to import content from other Adobe apps or create it in the app, add the links and then export it out to Mailchimp (or where ever).

I'd even buy this as a separate app - come on Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not addressing Adobe on these forums, but volunteers – to make suggestions to Adobe visit: Adobe Muse CC: Feature Ideas

Note, Adobe in dropping Muse in early 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Derek+Cross  wrote

Note, Adobe in dropping Muse in early 2020.

Note also what the Muse EOL states:

What is the timeframe? The Muse team will stop developing features as of the March 26, 2018. We will continue to offer technical support to all active Creative Cloud customers until March 26, 2020.

So based on that "new features" will not be added or arriving into Muse going forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the timeframe? The Muse team will stop developing features as of the March 26, 2018. We will continue to offer technical support to all active Creative Cloud customers until March 26, 2020.

In clear words.

A) Adobe is responsible for nothing

B) Adobe is doing nothing ... maybe answering a phone call

C) And the last Muse update might be as CRUNCHY PUNCHY as the last update of GoLive

Adobe is not a software company ... it's a sales business model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a separate muse site for this.

I send them out using Maxbulk Emailer in web page format.

Works good with Apple Mail ... but other email clients can't handle it.

I tried using DirectMail. It can import web pages and generate the HTML code

for you. I tried it, but the links in Apple Mail do no longer work by sending the

newsletter in HTML format instead of web page format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to le´t you know that you answered on athread from 2018.

The OP was even from 2013. 

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SPAM posts are removed by moderators.

As an update, Muse can't generate code that email clients can read.  Best advice, use a real HTML editor.  And as others have mentioned, use a responsive email template that has been industry-tested to work well with email clients. 

For anyone seeking to create HTML Emails,  look at MailChimp, Constant Contact, Litmus and Hubspot.  They all have email templates & tools for this purpose.

This discussion is locked.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines