• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't change text and opening assets in Photoshop?

Advocate ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the Adobe Muse 2017 template titled Influence on a Mac.

I hope I can have my questions answered.

• Why can't I select or move the text on the bottom of the page? I don't see that the layer is locked. I was able to change the name from Influence to my name by selecting Find and Replace.

• How do I get the image in the asset to open in Adobe Photoshop? When I right click the image in the Assets panel it opens it up in Preview. I have looked in Preferences to change this default to Photoshop but did not see any option.

• Even after I renamed the original Influence file name to Index, it opens in the original name Influence. Why is that?

• I noticed the template does not come with a Tablet view. Is using Muse as simple as copying and pasting, or dragging out the elements from the Assets panel into the Tablet view and then resizing them?

• What's the difference between a child page and a sibling page?

Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

AnotherMe  schrieb

• Why can't I select or move the text on the bottom of the page? I don't see that the layer is locked. I was able to change the name from Influence to my name by selecting Find and Replace.

You can select the text on master page only.

AnotherMe  schrieb

• How do I get the image in the asset to open in Adobe Photoshop? When I right click the image in the Assets panel it opens it up

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AnotherMe  schrieb

You can select the text on master page only.

AnotherMe  schrieb

• How do I get the image in the asset to open in Adobe Photoshop? When I right click the image in the Assets panel it opens it up in Preview. I have looked in Preferences to change this default to Photoshop but did not see any option.

There´s no option to open it in PS  but you can look at the original in your FINDER (whatever that is named in your language:

You can then edit this file, I guess. There´s also an assets folder that you can take care of. I tested it, changed the file: bkg_01 in background folder, but kept the name and the bg-picture changed after reopening the file.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-30 um 13.54.10.png

If I choose to work with the original file on my computer it opens up Lightzone instead of PS. As I didn´t use this feature so far, maybe there´s one in the preferences of your computer?

AnotherMe  schrieb

• Even after I renamed the original Influence file name to Index, it opens in the original name Influence. Why is that?

That´s the name of the page (you can see the changed bg-file, I choose to test–just for you):

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-30 um 14.03.25.png

AnotherMe  schrieb

• I noticed the template does not come with a Tablet view. Is using Muse as simple as copying and pasting, or dragging out the elements from the Assets panel into the Tablet view and then resizing them?

• What's the difference between a child page and a sibling page?

Thank you for your help.

Yes and:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-30 um 14.05.56.png

Does this help?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. You have been very helpful.

So a sibling page is a child of a child page?

I'm a little confused about the master page. I noticed there is one master page (or at least I think it is), that is fully designed. Then there is another one that just has a few elements on it that is on the bottom of the work space. What's the difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed I can't drag and drop items from the Assets tool to the work area. Am I doing something wrong?

I am used to working with Libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope I am not saying something stupid: A-Master is the Master page for INFLUENCE and EXTRAS.

A-Master has no further Master-page, that`s what it says, I guess.

You can drag content from a Master to a Child and to a Child from a Child page (Sibling).

If you want to / have to use another Master for following pages you can do so and after you have setup / added new pages in the top row, you can drag this second Master to this new page.

Siblings get by default the same Master page to depend on as the corresponding Child page.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-30 um 14.45.21.png

Assets are not there to be dragged to anywhere.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you a new Muse user? If yes: Please learn the basics, before using templates! Templates may be very(!!) complicated and totally baffling for beginners. And: Repositioning only one item may cause a complete layout chaos on responsive pages. This is no Muse problem, but a problem of dealing with completely dynamic and multiple interacting elements.

So please, learn the basics, try to build a simple site without any template, and later on use templates, (if you think, you need them).

Here is a fine starting point: https://helpx.adobe.com/support/muse.html?promoid=KSPGK​

As Uwe​ already mentioned: The „Assets“ panel has nothing at all to do with a „Library“. The assets panel lists the asset used in your layout (and some other things), and gives you informations about theses element. If you want a libray, use a library, there are different ones built into Muse. If you want to know, how they are working, follow the link above.

What you think to be a „fully designed master page“ is no master page at all. It is a layout page, to which the master page „A-Master“ is assigned.

And: Elements, placed pn a master page, can’t be activated, repositioned, modified on layout pages!

You see: Tons of things to learn. And, I promise, if you use templates, before having at least a minimal knowledge of Muse (and how exactly these templates are working), you will give up frustratedly within a short time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines