Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't downgrade Muse from 2018 to 2017.0.4

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

After 2018 upgrade my Muse projects present several issues.

When I access to previous version for downgrade, can't find 2017.0.4. From 2017 only shows .1.0.

Already contacted tech support, shared screen with them and there were no solution.

Please, need help to downgrade to 2017.0.4.

Thanks

Captura de pantalla 2017-10-19 a las 12.45.26.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Hi All,

We have finally rolled out the external download links for version 2017.0.4 for now, 2017.0.2 might take some more time.

You can access the links in this doc - Install Adobe Muse version 2017.0.4.​

Please give it a try and let me know how goes.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My customers are not happy, furthermore I paid for all my widgets from Muse Themes because Muse is suppose to work well with 3rd party widgets. How long do you think this will take. Surely it is better to let Adobe customers know how long instead of we are working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as everyone else. The functionality has broken in ALL my sites since the upgrade to 2018 and I need to revert back to 2017.0.

Not sure why Adobe has not made those versions available, yet 2017.1, which was clearly a "dud" and 3 prior versions of 2015 is available ... very strange and makes no sense in consecutive order.

Please Please Please just give your loyal subscribers the option to download the last stable previous version of Muse. Surely that's not an unreasonable request?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran  schrieb

To add to what Ankush said, we are working with the concerned teams to have the direct download link as soon as possible. We will update this post as soon as that is done. We have conveyed to the team of your urgency.

Last answer dated from 2nd of November, Hewitt Wright​, so it is less than one week, that there appeared a solution for this issue.

But anyway we ask politely to ankushr40215001​ and Preran​ about a schedule for this.

We could also try to help with your sites and get it to work with 2018s version, not really knowing if this is necessary and not able to promise anything, but …

I would ask you kindly, if you might share a site and from one of your not working sites – only one page together with its corresponding master (not all masters at once, if there are more than one)

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No sure if you understand as to how deep your new version impacted on my 2017.04 version sites. I have not even uncovered all the issues myself but have no confidence that your guys will sort it out for me, if I let you have my files, as your guys cannot even give us (your customers) a date as to when you will release the link to 2017.04.

I am loosing business but more concerning is my customers are loosing confidence in me to give them what I promised...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very upset for two reasons:

1- The solution sent to MarinaLotter does not work so the problem continues.

2- I have been excluded from this solution having opened this incident since October 19.

Think carefully about how you are handling this situation. You are putting Adobe's name as low as possible.

Where is the link promised since October 23?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried not to take this personally and stick to the information I thought could be useful for solving the problem.

I will use the quote from MartinaLotter: "Not sure if you understand as to how deep your new version impacted on my 2017.04 version sites ..."

For more than a year I have been working in parallel on two large websites full of functions. I design the prototypes in Muse. These prototypes must be approved by a fairly large directive, which can take weeks to coordinate a meeting. Once these prototypes are approved, they are sent to web developers to rebuild them and then to programmers to add functionality. It is a long process with many people involved. They are not projects that I can reconstruct in two weeks or that you even have time to review carefully to find a possible solution to the damage caused by the 2017.1 and 2018 versions.

If you have read the previous paragraph understand that since October 18 I have behind my back managers, web developers and programmers waiting for an update of my designs. Three weeks since then. Three weeks that I have not been able to update my work and all the consequences that this brings.

I love the updates and all the news that they bring. But for these two projects I need v.2017.0.4. This is not a joke, this is my job, please, do yours and show a little respect for yourselves and for those of us who have decided to pay for your product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked you at the 20th October  (4th post), to share a .muse, reduced to an issue to seem how we will be able to help.

There´s no statement from the 23rd, as far as I can see. But anyway – leave the dates – if you don`t show your issues, nobody can help,

I´m afraid. From my side there´s nothing personal so far.

Same to Martina Lotter (asked on 30th/10/2017). Most people here are doing this in their spare time. Not too bad, as far as I can see.

To wait for Adobe could need much more time as you may allow, so go for it and I encourage you to try to solve step by step.

We don`t want the whole file but solve issues step by step, though. Your choice. Three weeks? I would not wait.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, fotoroeder

Nobody has directly asked me to share my files. Your post n.4 was in response to mb21.

For me it becomes something personal from the moment I give information about the amount of projects and people to whom I have to give explanations. Matters completely outside the initial thread. "... downgrade from Muse 2018".

On my post n.6 I made it clear that it was not possible for me to share files. I have signed a confidentiality agreement (another fact that makes this info personal). Nobody cares about these details.

I think it is not necessary to share my files when the request I made when I opened this thread was "... downgrade from Muse 2018 ..." no "Can someone in his spare time fix my files?".

The problem can not always be summarized in a file with its master page. I speak of two projects in which I have been working for more than a year, with multiple pages and masters with four breakpoints each (some responsive and others not) that go very slow in the 2018 version.

I hardly use 3rd party widgets but I use many tricks because I know someone else will rebuild it from scratch. What I do is a prototype, not the final version. Maybe these tricks are the source of all the problems but they worked fine in version .0.4.

I really appreciate the time you and the rest spend resolving incidents.

Post n.10. There you should find the first statement about the download link.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have finally rolled out the external download links for version 2017.0.4 for now, 2017.0.2 might take some more time.

You can access the links in this doc - Install Adobe Muse version 2017.0.4.​

Please give it a try and let me know how goes.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

The Mac version worked perfect for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We did our best to get you these links earlier, but had to wait for a couple of technical glitches to be sorted before we made them live.

Thank you all for your patience.

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the effort I appreciate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much to all.

Back the work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

It’s working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you ankushr40215001 and Preran. I Really appreciate it!!!

I must add that 2018 is actually an awesome upgrade. I had to convert a website within this last week and although it took me ages to figure out which elements from 2017 were causing the issues within 2018, it's actually quite straight forward to rectify once you understand the new "rules" of 2018.

Having a version of 2017 as well does obviously still help a lot, as I'm not forced to go through the process of converting/fixing every site for small changes at the same time... So thanks again!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines