• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't find muse website on server.

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I designed a website and wanted upload this to the internet. I did this with FTP hosting and looked up how to do this. I did all the steps as videos told and when everything was done I got the warner : "Warning
Connection to PHP file failed. Unable to check if this web server supports PHP needed by Muse forms. Be sure the site URL entered in the FTP upload dialog is correct." After I clicked on view site or when I opened the link I get to see the warning : "Safari can't find the server. Safari can't open the page .. because Safari can't find the server." Is there any chance you could help fixing this problem? Thank you.

TOPICS
Error , Publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us a link.

Did you use any 3rd-party widgets?

Does your ftp.host support php?

Please check also these threads: https://community.adobe.com/t5/muse/muse-contact-form/m-p/8867935?page=1#M11894

and: https://community.adobe.com/t5/muse/ftp-and-sftp-upload-problems-with-adobe-muse/td-p/9364302?page=1

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Thank you so much for your reply to help me. 

Next to that, what link do you need?

I'm not that experienced with Muse yet, so I don't really know what the 3rd-party widgets are and what PHP are.

Could you explain what to do?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Kiki van de Sande

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) A link to your website.

2) Did you use any other widgets than the ones, included in Muse? (not really that important in your case, I guess but …)

3) Hosting platforms support php, in order to keep track of that forms and so on.

So it might be you have not activated or installed php (that´s done by hosting company, you don`t have to install it)

Let me add that you might be in very bad luck as quite soon support for Muse and its forum disappears from this spot.

Muse is under EOL since last year, so … sorry for that.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Did you purchase a domain name?

2. Is your domain name registered to your server yet?

3. Did you contact your web hosting provider about this?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, 

First of all, thank you for your reply to help me.

1. Yes I do purchase a domain name.

2. How can I check this?

3. No, I haven't.

So what's the next step for me to do?

I'm not that experienced yet with Muse.

Thank you so much for your help.

Kind regards,

Kiki van de Sande

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the domain name?

Your hosting plan must support the scripts used in your site or they won't work.  Muse is end of life and no longer being developed.  So some of the code it generates is already outdated.

PHP is a popular programming language similar to JavaScript.  But it's more secure because it works on the back end (server-side) instead of the browser (client-side).  It's widely used for processing form data. 

If your contact from isn't compatible with your hosting plan, remove the form from your site and switch to a 3rd party service like Wufoo or JotForms where from processing occurs on their servers, not yours.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines