Highlighted

Can't get started :(

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never used Muse before so thought I'd start by following the beginners tutorial video to make the Pigeon website - Create a responsive website |

In the very first video it says to go and download the Creative Cloud library and provides a link so that you can follow along. - Adobe Creative Cloud

So i go to that page and click on the "SAVE" button in the top right hand corner and I get a pop-up message saying that "Responsive Web Design (Muse) was saved to your library. You can now use it across your mobile and desktop CC apps"

So far, so good!

So then I switch back to Muse and open the Library tab and it is completely empty.

I also checked the CC Libraries tab, and that is empty too.

I've checked the Library tab in Photoshop to no avail too.

Any idea where I'm going wrong on what seems to be such a simple task?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can't get started :(

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never used Muse before so thought I'd start by following the beginners tutorial video to make the Pigeon website - Create a responsive website |

In the very first video it says to go and download the Creative Cloud library and provides a link so that you can follow along. - Adobe Creative Cloud

So i go to that page and click on the "SAVE" button in the top right hand corner and I get a pop-up message saying that "Responsive Web Design (Muse) was saved to your library. You can now use it across your mobile and desktop CC apps"

So far, so good!

So then I switch back to Muse and open the Library tab and it is completely empty.

I also checked the CC Libraries tab, and that is empty too.

I've checked the Library tab in Photoshop to no avail too.

Any idea where I'm going wrong on what seems to be such a simple task?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 21, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. So I contacted Adobe direct and discovered that due to this being an "old" tutorial it is a known issue that the download link doesn't work (despite it giving the pop-up telling you that it has).

Considering that this tutorial is designed for complete beginners, leaving it there when it is known that you can't use it is really rubbish. I spent ages trying to work out where i was going wrong, when it wasn't my problem at all!

Come on Adobe! Sort out your housekeeping so us newbies don't end up tearing our hair out in frustration!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thi is not a real problem, because a Muse document stores the assets within itself. You only need the original asset, if you upsize the images in Muse and/or want to modify them.

If you want access to the assets, do the following:

• Open the site in Muse.
  • Choose "File/Export as HTML…"
  • Open the exported folder, and find the folder „images“ within. There you have all the placed images.
  • In Muse, open the „Assets“ panel and re-assign the images by right clicking onto the entries and choose „Relink …"
  • Attention: Sometimes, Muse has to rename the exported images (for example, if it exports 2 differently sized instances of the same image for different breakpoints, but it should be no real problem to match the correct one, if this should be the case.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2018 1
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice, but I'm already stuck at the first hurdle.

How do i open the site in Muse? If i go to "Open Site" it just looks for .muse files on my computer, which obviously I haven't got.

I can access Home which is the demo site, but how do i download or access the assets?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2018 0
Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey CJC,

We apologize for the poor experience.

However, this has happened because of some sync issue with Creative Cloud.

Our engineers are working to fix it.

Will update you accordingly once this is sorted.

Thanks,

Ankush

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2018 1
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2018 0